R/F camber

Will more negative rf camber unload the LR more,and free the kart up? Or is it just about contact patch and roll resistance?? Thanks

Will more negative rf camber unload the LR more,and free the kart up? Or is it just about contact patch and roll resistance?? Thanks
That's one of the benefits. Slightly less rolling resistance on the straights, a little more heat in the tire, especially when turning..
You're only turning left, right, so why would you want to unload the LR? If the stagger is correct, what's the need?

The flatter you run it the more it will transfer weight back to the left rear when the kart gets loose and you counter steer. Definitely way more to it than just contact patch!

That's one of the benefits. Slightly less rolling resistance on the straights, a little more heat in the tire, especially when turning..
You're only turning left, right, so why would you want to unload the LR? If the stagger is correct, what's the need?
The LR is the most loaded tire on a LTO kart, therefore some weight needs to be transferred from there, to the RF and/or the RR during cornering.
Its all about weight transfer, and how you manipulate that.

I would be more concerned about RF camber for center off adjustment than for corner entry.
As said above, when you countersteer (turn the steering wheel right) into a slide, that RF camber (and caster) determines how the left rear is loaded.
Think of your kart like a big "X" or 4 legged kitchen table. Pushing down harder on one corner will push down on the opposite leg of the "X" and lift the other two legs (corners.)
Ever been to a restaurant where the table wobbled? Often a folded up napkin is placed under the "short" leg to help it carry the weight. Similar to moving washers on your spindle. Two legs are carrying the weight rather than four, until that one short leg is effectively lengthened.
Maybe not the best analogy, but I've found it to help some folks through the years.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Interesting anology . I see that as - tight tilt , add right frt camber .
Loose Lay as take away right frt camber or flatten it out .
Yes this is what has worked for our program. These karts are so sensitive its amazing what a flat or two will do especially if you have a consistent driver!!!

At the end of the day, you still want to run as much negative camber as possible, adjusting camber isnt my first "go to" when looking for that little extra, or trying to solve a problem

At the end of the day, you still want to run as much negative camber as possible, adjusting camber isnt my first "go to" when looking for that little extra, or trying to solve a problem
Just trying to understand, do you adjust cross when you go to more negative camber? Or is that the goal, you want to reduce cross?

Just trying to understand, do you adjust cross when you go to more negative camber? Or is that the goal, you want to reduce cross?
Just a camber change, doesnt effect cross while the kart is on the scale stand.
I rarely ever adjust camber, and if I do, its to fix a problem at the current cross im running

My thought process always first tells me to fix on track problems by ADDING grip not reducing it.
... sometimes ya can't though or just can't figure out how to fix it by adding grip.

In light of what XXX#40 offered in post 9, how would you fix the problem by adding grip instead of reducing grip.

I'm only asking because I think the original question has been answered.
Maybe not because if this is not about a mid corner on problem but an entry problem which I doubt it is then if 12jrchamp would let us know for sure I'll delete this post or start a new thread.

I also just noticed replying it appears we need to be considering a champ kart and not a flat kart.
Please help us out 12jrchamp is this about mid corner off or entry because I think it will make a big difference in how were thinking about it and trying to help.

I'm also thinking the rate of camber gain may be involved too because of the need to include counter steering.
If so wouldn't it bring into the picture how much counter steering needs done to correct the problem without effecting what might really be the cause?

Last edited:
Just a camber change, doesnt effect cross while the kart is on the scale stand.
I rarely ever adjust camber, and if I do, its to fix a problem at the current cross im running
Increasing negative camber raises the RF tire, how does that not affect cross?

Paulkish i just blocked him it makes my experience here WAY better. His nonsense on EVERY post is nothing more that a lonely old man looking for attention. I refuse to give in to his stupidity.

Paulkish i just blocked him it makes my experience here WAY better. His nonsense on EVERY post is nothing more that a lonely old man looking for attention. I refuse to give in to his stupidity.
Have you ever seen that picture of a ostrich with his head stuck in the sand, do you understand the thought behind that picture?

thanks and i'll delete my ignert post

My question is.. what has more effect? Camber thrust increasing the tires turning force when camber is raised, Or more contact patch on the racing surface increasing the tires turning force when the camber is lowered? And does one have more effect in one part of the corner than the other?

Back