R.W.Y.B Class 56speedway

early 80's chassis built in Iowa ( Des Moines, by a guy that was a friend of mine at the time) that took advantage of the loophole or lack of rule regarding suspension. I believe it s THE machine that put the "no suspension" rule on the books. It was a swingarm design that hooked better the more horsepower you put to it. Very very fast back in the day, it was a beast on syrup, too. My plan is to put a wedge body on it and a pcr or something else period correct, and use it as a pace car occasionally for the wing karts if the track owner is interested. Since it was a legal legit race kart in the day, I would think it could be again somewhere somehow, vintage or rwyb,
http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/53outlaw/media/force1_zps2w5fncfx.jpg.html?sort=3&o=6

I talked to Mike about this chassis, basically we would be willing to look at it. If it can at least pass a safety inspection, We would let it run the first night. I assume looking at the pictures that the basic geometry of the kart is the same as any other.
That being said, RWYB refers to the motor, not the chassis. I can see in some ways this opening a can of worms for people wanting to push what is allowed and what isn't, If that were the case it would no longer be allowed. All track specific rules would apply eg- slick tires, chain guard, etc

i know that. I only bought it as a tribute to my friend that built them. Since it was a legit racing chassis, and a well recognized one atthe time, and actually revolutionary then, I was hoping when I bought it that I could run it in some vintage stuff. I havent tried real hard. The vintage hobby doesnt seem very strong around here. RWYB ... I will continue with my plan of using a matched pair of period correct PCR's and a wedge body and use it as an occasional push vehicle. It tool a long time to find one.
BTW, it has slicks on it and a body now, but I usually show the "raw" pictures so people can see what its all about.
I have WAY more treaded tires than slicks ... we race winged karts mostly

Back