Race Studio 3 Data Analysis

So here's a lap from Warrior Creek Saturday. It was our first with our MyChron 5. I'm trying to learn how to benefit from Race Studio.

I know most just use it for a tach and what gear to put in the sprocket. But I can't help but think applied properly this would be a huge benefit, Junior Dad's especially.

I'm looking for someone who can help me analyze the data I'm looking at.

For example I understand what lateral grip is, but I can't seem to understand the graph as it applies to when my sin is lifting off the throttle.

Attachments

• 20220503_211407.jpg
    20220503_211407.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 57
So here's a lap from Warrior Creek Saturday. It was our first with our MyChron 5. I'm trying to learn how to benefit from Race Studio.

I know most just use it for a tach and what gear to put in the sprocket. But I can't help but think applied properly this would be a huge benefit, Junior Dad's especially.

I'm looking for someone who can help me analyze the data I'm looking at.

For example I understand what lateral grip is, but I can't seem to understand the graph as it applies to when my sin is lifting off the throttle.
Where the RPM curve drops is where the driver is lifting. Where the RPMs level out and begin to climb is where they get back in it. With JR drivers shoot for minimal RPM drop and a smooth line through the corner to keep that restricted engine wound up!

Yes, last race I started explaining drops to him and I'm been forever trying to get him to widen his entry to maintain momentum and keep him from pushing.

He's very analytical, I think now that he sees the data on the graph, and he can see his entries on the GPS map, he understands the importance of what over been telling him.

I was able to show him a .500 gain just from the wife entry he took into turn 1. Then I was able to show him his exit speed off turn 2 and peak RPM as he entered 3.

Most importantly he seen how the entry into 1 affected his entire lap.

Yes, last race I started explaining drops to him and I'm been forever trying to get him to widen his entry to maintain momentum and keep him from pushing.

He's very analytical, I think now that he sees the data on the graph, and he can see his entries on the GPS map, he understands the importance of what over been telling him.

I was able to show him a .500 gain just from the wife entry he took into turn 1. Then I was able to show him his exit speed off turn 2 and peak RPM as he entered 3.

Most importantly he seen how the entry into 1 affected his entire lap.
Data to backup what you're telling the boy always worked better for me than "just trust me" ...because I'm you Dad, I know a thing or two. Stubborn kids! lol :) I truly love watching ALL the kids race, learn, and be successful though. It's tough for some of the smaller kids to be consistent. They'll go tear of 3, 4, 5 wicked fast laps then all of a sudden they are getting in the corner low, putting around, and wrecking themselves. 20 consistent laps is tough for even the best. Driving a kart is hard work too! All of the force is transferred directly into the seat. The kid has his work cut out for him!

Data to backup what you're telling the boy always worked better for me than "just trust me" ...because I'm you Dad, I know a thing or two. Stubborn kids! lol :) I truly love watching ALL the kids race, learn, and be successful though. It's tough for some of the smaller kids to be consistent. They'll go tear of 3, 4, 5 wicked fast laps then all of a sudden they are getting in the corner low, putting around, and wrecking themselves. 20 consistent laps is tough for even the best. Driving a kart is hard work too! All of the force is transferred directly into the seat. The kid has his work cut out for him!
He did his first Double Duty two weeks ago. Junior 1 and Junior Predator.
3 practices, 2 qualifying, 2 features.

I was expecting him to be complaining how tired he was. He was fine, I was proud of him.

He did his first Double Duty two weeks ago. Junior 1 and Junior Predator.
3 practices, 2 qualifying, 2 features.

I was expecting him to be complaining how tired he was. He was fine, I was proud of him.
My daughter ran her first double feature in JR1 a few weeks ago and before the last race of the night the look on her face said “I want to win this, but I also just want to get it over with” 🤷‍♂️ …she didn’t win but did finish lol

Last edited:
Back