Raceceiver's

Are they uncomfortable to use? As in having the headphone in your ear?
Less uncomfortable than a neck brace, gloves, or helmet. You can get different ear pieces (even custom molded ones) that may be more comfortable for you.
It's a safety device that's better used for scoring purposes -- again, my opinion.
I like them when they are used correctly.
There are cheaper options, and I don't know anyone paying $200 for one. When you go to a Nascar race or Indy car race (even some big dirt events) a bunch of the fans are listening to full scanners in the stands! Having 1 voice giving race instructions (only when necessary) is not a huge inconvenience -- it actually helps considerably, especially with younger and less experienced drivers who don't already know everything. ;)

True, but if they keep me from breaking my ribs it's worth it for me.
The only thing that would keep you from breaking your ribs is either staying home or finding a track or organization where flags and rules are enforced properly. Raceivers do nothing to prevent rough driving, it just entitles those not willing to move where they are told on restarts to feel like the race should use a device so they have one more chance to avoid complying.

I hate to be negative but the ones that crash into you when the caution is a half lap in front of them are still going to do it they are most likely new and are so focused on what they are doing they can't see or hear in front of them. As for lineing up after caution the Same one's will fight for the spot most likely in. The back of the pack with no chance of winning but they make the race last forever. As for me I hate to say I only race there sometimes but I don't think I will come back I will not spend $200 I need 2 for something I don't think work's. I also know of 10 more that feel the same way
Spot on.

That's like saying you can't afford to race because helmets are too expensive...think about how a $100 raceciever might save you from piling into another's mess and you end up twisting up a frame as a result...that $100 sounds way better than about a grand or so for a new frame...😉
Raceivers have never prevented and will never prevent those things from happening. Any extra unnecessary expense doesn't matter the amount makes no sense at all. Raceivers have nothing to do with helmets. Flags and good officiating comes with your entry fees. I surely can afford Raceivers but I have spent plenty of money on around 30 years racing but I am old enough to keep away from racing politics like Raceivers.

Back