Racer Pro Quip FLYWHEEL ANY GOOD

RD1970

Found this place on eBay did a search on here didn't find much. Has anyone used any of there stuff? They have a 212 flywheel, coil, springs kit for like $90 seems like a good deal if there good parts?

Found this place on eBay did a search on here didn't find much. Has anyone used any of there stuff? They have a 212 flywheel, coil, springs kit for like $90 seems like a good deal if there good parts?
Yes I use one and they're nice, they are a great alternative to billet flywheels

They are rated for 8500 but have been spun up higher without failure according to ECC. Downside they come with only 18 degrees of advance, unlike the other billet ones that come with 32 or 34. It's a quality piece for the money you can always get offset keys too.

They are rated for 8500 but have been spun up higher without failure according to ECC. Downside they come with only 18 degrees of advance, unlike the other billet ones that come with 32 or 34. It's a quality piece for the money you can always get offset keys too.
what Kind of advance should you run on a mild predator build?

What did the cam slip say for timing? I’ve heard a vendor using this style flywheel to keep easier engine starting and customers happier shooting for 25 28. But you can always go more or less all depends on cam and build. From what I’ve learned so far on here and from vendors.

Last edited:
Wanted to give an update about these flywheels. I actually had spoke to one of the vendors on ebay asking about the timing they come with. He said that most of the ones he gets of them come with actually 25* to 28* advanced he said he hasn't see one that is 18 for a long long time. ECC told me 18* advanced is what is in the the 212R's which runs the same flywheel so some conflicting data since I have a 212r. If you do pick one of these up I would say get a key set start stock then go up 2* up or down from to see what runs best. These motors don't have the most effective ignition system from all the research I have gathered. The vendor on ebay had said all dyno testing with these flywheels they found that anything over 28* on gas they would start loosing power, 25 to 28* he said was the sweet spot, and even 18 to 25 he said made for easier starting and not to much of a performance loss. It's like he said we spend 8 hours on the dyno looking for a 1/10th of a hp. If you got a butt dyno that good I would market you can tell HP and torque just by driving anything lol. The only way to truly tell what there timing is with a degree wheel or timing light. Or you can just scoop one see how it runs and go from there.

to add to the update I endend up purchasing one of these not from pro quip but another vendor who had a better price and is very helpful awsome customer service but took a couple pictures of the weight difference

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230413-173008_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230413-173008_Gallery.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot_20230413-173002_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230413-173002_Gallery.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 57
quick question just out of curiousity I couldn't make out the number on the back of the flywheel was wondering if it was a timing number or just random. I copied your photo and circled it in red. I believe it has to do with quality control not hundred percent sure since mine does say 18. Curious what yours says.

Attachments

• question.jpg
    question.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 31
quick question just out of curiousity I couldn't make out the number on the back of the flywheel was wondering if it was a timing number or just random. I copied your photo and circled it in red. I believe it has to do with quality control not hundred percent sure since mine does say 18. Curious what yours says.
well I can try to look but the flywheel is already installed lol if I can see it I'll let you know

that is just a casting mark. Don't see how that would have anything to do with timing. jet payne on facebook would be able to answer your questions if you bought it from racers pro quip

that is just a casting mark. Don't see how that would have anything to do with timing. jet payne on facebook would be able to answer your questions if you bought it from racers pro quip
I was thinking he was wondering about what was written in marker but not sure that has anything to do with timing either

That's a casting date wheel. If it says 18 in the middle it was made in 2018, the arrow points to the month of manufacture.

Last edited:
I looked and can not see the markings sorry

That's a casting date wheel. If it says 18 in the middle it was made in 2018, the arrow points to the month of manufacture.
That's what I figured and most likely had nothing to do with the timing. Let us know how it runs. I've seen a few videos online and they all have seemed to be pretty positive especially if you have one of the time bomb ones lol.

Back