Racers looking to move up in Racing

Mike71

The MMSA (midwest mini sprint association) Lightning sprints

Is looking for New teams and racers who are looking to move up in racing.

Mini / Lightning sprints are a Midget style chassis w/ 1000cc motorcycle engines that race both Wing and Non wing events. There are many Very affordable beginner cars available for sale. Visit Indiana open wheel or Racing junk to find cars.

The MMSA races are mostly run in Southern Indiana Including the following tracks. Brownstown motor speedway 1/4 mile, Bloomington Speedway high bank 1/4 mile, Lawrenceburg speedway 3/8 mile high bank, Charlestown speedway, North vernon Twin Cities speedway and some Indiana fairgrounds tracks.

I am an avid race fan and supporter of dirt racing, My son started in Go Karts at the age of 8 years old. He won 2 local karting championships and we then moved him up to the Upright 1000cc mini sprints when he was 12/13 years old. Great move for us for he was wanting to move up to sprint cars. After 6 years in mini sprints He is now racing UMP Dirt modifieds.

I loved the mini sprints so much that we kept one for a good friend of mine to drive.
If you have any aspirations at all of possibly moving up in racing or if you are just looking for more competition these cars are extremely fast and fun to drive. The series has drivers from the age of 15 up to the age of 65 and many in between. The 2013 Series champion is 30yrs old.

The MMSA is having an awards banquet on Saturday November 23rd to recognize the 2013 Champion and the top 10 in points, Past Champions and other drivers will be on hand to share their experiences with anyone looking for info. on this class.

You can go to the MMSA web site for info. The banquet will be held in Jonesville In. at Mensendiek's Event Center. Open to any and all parties interested in upright mini sprint racing. Meal is $10.00 per person for adults, $6.00 for children 12 and under.

The web site is : www.midwestminisprints.com

Hope to see you there.

Mike Mensendiek, Race team owner and dirt racing fan.

Mike71

I do not have any extra cars, There are several guys that have cars for sale at great prices, Good used cars can be bought for as little as $5,000.00 Most good used cars will be in the $7,500.00 to $12,000.00 range. Hoosier speed may have cars for rent. Go to www.indianaopenwheel.com for mini sprint classifieds. Look for Bradley racing.

Mike

These cars are very popular here in Fl;. in fact they do some traveling around the state and so far as I have seen they usually field about 24 cars and do a great job of putting on really fine racing.

Mike71

These cars are very popular here in Fl;. in fact they do some traveling around the state and so far as I have seen they usually field about 24 cars and do a great job of putting on really fine racing.
The MMSA in Indiana has some great racers, and get the opportunity to race at some very popular race tracks, If you are wanting to continue your growth in Racing the upright Mini sprints is a great stepping stone at very affordable prices. Contact Bill May to come to the annual awards banquet. Go to www.midwestminispints.com

Look to me to be the same cars that raced all over Pa. in the '80's -'90's as Micro Sprints with 125's and 250's. In central Pa. you could race 5-6 times a week back then. I see the Stalard name on the minis here., I can remember magazines dedicated to them and some of their slightly larger cousins. Lots of Manufs. in the mid west.