raceseng flywheel coil gap help

Racer-71

Raceseng flywheel on a box stock, big pipe, gas, 30 degree timing, running 1/4 mile dirt . what would you recommend on coil gap. also resistor removed . any advice or suggestions appreciatted
Thanks

first thing you might want to do.up the timeing little more with that flywheel. .060 on coil gap. hard to get dead on without dyno..34 to 35 degree on timeing

On Racesengs website, thier "coil gapping tool" they sell is .020 thick. That seems a little tight to me. I would think .040 as a minimum. If it will reliably fire at .060 like SNJ advised, then that may work. Good luck

On Racesengs website, thier "coil gapping tool" they sell is .020 thick. That seems a little tight to me. I would think .040 as a minimum. If it will reliably fire at .060 like SNJ advised, then that may work. Good luck

.020 is too close, I have broke several of the adjustable brackets I feel because the magnets pull so hard that the gap actually gets closer and they aren't quite strong enough. Great idea, good product, just run a little more gap than .020..

Back