Racing and Friends!!!

mikey56

Got invited to a road race track by a great friend, Ed....He's on the board here.....As a die hard roundy round racer, I have to admit that the road racing I saw today was outstanding!! The ones I enjoyed the most? The little ones!! 5, 6 and 7 year olds kickin it!! THEY PUT ON ONE HELL OF A SHOW!!! Talk about getting up on the wheel and racin? We all could take lessons from them!! I also learned first hand how freaky fast the TAG karts are.....13000+ rpms!! Wow! I have to thank Ed for letting me get a few minutes of seat time on his tag and all the track officials, racers and spectators at Lamar County Raceway (Barnsville, Ga.).....they have a fine facility, great crowd and awesome racing!! Gonna have to go back and watch some more!! Thank you Ed!! it was a true pleasure!!!

Mike C
JM Racing
Bonaire, Ga....

I've been to the Barnesville Sprint track, but I didn't know they had a road racing track there.

I wasn't aware that they let five-year olds race on road race tracks. Is that kind dangerous?

Al you should see what some of these five year olds are doing these days, they are much more advance than you think.

Mikey I like your thread, my best friends I've met at the race track. I don't think you'll ever find a better friend besides a dog or your direct family. I haven't been to barnesville in 15 yrs or more, I raced there a few times as a kid and yes the track is fast and fun.

The best lesson to learn from the kids, they can race each other hard but when they get back in the pits they're all friends and playing together.
Those TAG's will really surprise you Mikey
Al, I think the OP is referring to the sprint track as being a road course.

Al, I think the OP is referring to the sprint track as being a road course.
satire is sometimes hard to detect in a forum like this. lol

In an earlier post it was suggested that kids are a lot more advanced now, but I doubt there has been much in the way of evolution in the last 40 years. lol

Hey Mikey 56 glad you had a good time yesterday.
That's how we do it on a sprint track not knocking what you do on the oval. As you can see we race close too..

And the kids I can't say well you saw them dicing and slicing and the lo206 class.
I didn't do too bad in my class I will get him next time and the tag class if I could get my predator to run like that whew.

Oh glad you enjoyed the ride thrilling and it will get your attention on top end ( thinking RWUB open oval kart at that 3/8 mile )

Well happy easter to every one and the kids time to hide eggs.

That TAG is freakin awesome! I've had mine close to 9 grand, but that TAG? It was dynamite in a small package. Even scrubbing the tires when I left the pits, it wanted to run wide open....instant throttle response and nice and crisp handling....just an awesome ride. You did good in your heats and features....I could tell that you were getting close to meltdown in the last couple of laps in the TAG feature tho....third place was closing on you but you held on till the end!

Congrats to all the winners and new friends that I made!

Back