Racing Around Charlotte, NC?

Racer#65

Hey guys. New here to the Charlotte scene. thinking about racing karts again. I raced go karts about 10 years ago so i know a lots changed. Just curious where there are places to race around Charlotte/Concord areas? about an 1 hour out or less preferably. And maybe good engine builders too? Also any clarification about what the deal is on clone and predator motors is helpful? I come from the Briggs and Stratton flathead and animal days. I weight about 220-230 muscle so maybe a little direction into what weight class would be best. its going to be a learning curve again which is fine just wanting to get a little more basic knowledge of where the sport is now.

Youre in the mecca of karting and racing in general. There is a ton of racing in the area. Phantom Racing is just up the road in China Grove, Tod Miller Racing in Salisbury, just 2 of the bigger names in the sport. Jackie at Checkered Flag is in Concord, the list goes on and on.
Millbridge, Liberty, Coleridge, Patriot, Hanging Rock, just to name some tracks nearby.
Im about an hour and a half away from Charlotte near Spartanburg.

Hey guys. New here to the Charlotte scene. thinking about racing karts again. I raced go karts about 10 years ago so i know a lots changed. Just curious where there are places to race around Charlotte/Concord areas? about an 1 hour out or less preferably. And maybe good engine builders too? Also any clarification about what the deal is on clone and predator motors is helpful? I come from the Briggs and Stratton flathead and animal days. I weight about 220-230 muscle so maybe a little direction into what weight class would be best. its going to be a learning curve again which is fine just wanting to get a little more basic knowledge of where the sport is now.
T&T Speed Shop Kannapolis, NC is a great engine builder and great customer service

Back