Racing jacket?

Cope1

Anyone use a motorcycle jacket for karting that has the chest, elbow, back and shoulder protectors? It looks like some need a jacket over them and others you can wear as is. After this weekend I need a chest protector as well as the others. Thanks for any information

Motorcycle jackets restrict quite a bit of movement... Better to get the proper gear... Plus they will light up like a firework on the exhaust...

The ones I have been looking at move with your back and follow the shape and contour or are removable for the back piece. They seem to be more flexible and breathable than my kart jacket while having abrasion resistance. The one I am looking at has an attachable neck brace so it all becomes one system. It has to be better than a kart jacket with a chest protector under it and no shoulder protection? I don’t know that’s why I am asking for opinions or experience with one. The hazards in moto cross, road racing for motorcycles and karting I don’t believe to be different other than your point about possible heat resistance. I am looking at an Alpinestars armor jacket, don’t recall which one exactly.

The ones I have been looking at move with your back and follow the shape and contour or are removable for the back piece. They seem to be more flexible and breathable than my kart jacket while having abrasion resistance. The one I am looking at has an attachable neck brace so it all becomes one system. It has to be better than a kart jacket with a chest protector under it and no shoulder protection? I don’t know that’s why I am asking for opinions or experience with one. The hazards in moto cross, road racing for motorcycles and karting I don’t believe t be different other than your point about possible heat resistance. I am looking at an Alpinestars armor jacket, don’t recall which one exactly.
i would check what the materials are in the jacket before i purchased... A lot of these jackets are made of cheap materials overseas. Honestly a carharrdt is more flame resistant than a motorcycle jacket.

Anyone use a motorcycle jacket for karting that has the chest, elbow, back and shoulder protectors? It looks like some need a jacket over them and others you can wear as is. After this weekend I need a chest protector as well as the others. Thanks for any information
Sounds to me like somebody has a steering wheel shaped bruise on their chest... ;)

In all seriousness, Unless its something like full riding leathers that a MotoGP style rider would wear, your not gaining much. I know that with my jacket, I am dang near burned through the padding it had just from the muffler/chain guard. As mentioned before, to get a good motorcycle jacket you will spend more than the armadillo chest/rib protector.

Sounds to me like somebody has a steering wheel shaped bruise on their chest... ;)

In all seriousness, Unless its something like full riding leathers that a MotoGP style rider would wear, your not gaining much. I know that with my jacket, I am dang near burned through the padding it had just from the muffler/chain guard. As mentioned before, to get a good motorcycle jacket you will spend more than the armadillo chest/rib protector.
Something along those lines and a few other things!

Back