Rake on Triton

ECU54

Looking a little guidance... We've been a tick off with our Triton and I'm sure some of it's tires but I had someone look our kart over this weekend and mentioned our "rake" was likley off. We've got our spindles nearly maxed out on both sides trying to get down around 60 cross and he suggested we set the kart up with 3 washers on the bottom on both sides and then adjust the weight, seat and motor to get our numbers where we want them. We've got an 85lb driver and run JR2. What's everyone's thoughts on the rake. It's not something I've ever looked at a great deal but it may be the tick that we're off I suppose. Will it effect the handling if the washers are stacked on either side? In our case we only had 1 washer on the bottom on the left front and 2 on the top on the right side. Our cross was around 60%

Don't worry about the washers as long as you get what you want. The really light karts end up with quite a bit more cross than the heavier ones and this is probably what's happening. Is it WKA or IKF Jr 2 and what's the rest of your setup?

Todd
www.dynamicsofspeed.com

Cross should be a lot higher with where you have the washers. What kind of stagger are you running? More cross would be the first thing I would try.

Back