Ramp for trailer that has barn doors

Ok guys this may be a lil out there but i need some ideas on putting a ramp in a trailer that has barn doors . Not sure it i want it removable or permanent .... Jus need insight and ideas. Thanks

I remember seeing a guy who just took a thick piece of plywood and hinged it just inside of his barn doors. The plywood ramp would close first, then his barn door. Not sure how he stopped it from falling inside but that shouldn't be too hard to figure out. It worked well. Steve Sr.

I remember seeing a guy who just took a thick piece of plywood and hinged it just inside of his barn doors. The plywood ramp would close first, then his barn door. Not sure how he stopped it from falling inside but that shouldn't be too hard to figure out. It worked well. Steve Sr.

This is exactly what we did with our trailer. First year I used 3/4" particle board which was a mistake. Second year we replaced it with a piece of 3/4" plywood and hinged it just inside the barn doors. We made it long enough that it just clears the top of the trailer when closing it up. I bolted a eye loop onto the bottom of the ramp so when the door is closed it is facing the back. I then also put a eye loop bolted to the top of the door frame so that when the ramp is closed I can put a bungee cord between the two eye loops to keep the door held up. PM me if you want a picture of how I did it.

This is exactly what we did with our trailer. First year I used 3/4" particle board which was a mistake. Second year we replaced it with a piece of 3/4" plywood and hinged it just inside the barn doors. We made it long enough that it just clears the top of the trailer when closing it up. I bolted a eye loop onto the bottom of the ramp so when the door is closed it is facing the back. I then also put a eye loop bolted to the top of the door frame so that when the ramp is closed I can put a bungee cord between the two eye loops to keep the door held up. PM me if you want a picture of how I did it.

id be interested in pics. as im getting ready to do the same. rep4ohio@yahoo.com

I have raced out the back of a barn door trailer for years. I like the work bench/seat that it naturally makes. I also have to have ramps for loading/unloading of double decker kart stand, golf kart and a 1000 pound chassis table. I just use Harbor Freight aluminum ramps with a hole in the lip of the trailer and the ramp for a bolt to secure them in place while loading/unloading.
I place the ramps up side down to prevent the scaffold wheels of the chassis table and tool box from falling off them while winching or pushing things it in and out. The ramps tuck under the trailer, out of the way of my pit area and a small wooden box is set out on the ground as a step for easy in and out of the back of the trailer.

shot me a pic of that..fastbraden11@yahoo.com

We had a 5'X10' trailer that we used 3/4" plywood and barn hinges. Then I got a 6'X12' and used fiberglass channel and barn hinges, because we was using a double stacker, and wanted something with more strength. I now have a 7'X16' V-nose with ramp door so I didnt have to make a ramp...
Here are some pics of what we did...you may need facebook to see them.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...20823855.45213.100001683041431&type=3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...20823855.45213.100001683041431&type=3&theater

Back