ratio rocker stamped

There is a video that goes in depth over it.
yep,, saw that,,, which is why i'm asking,..anyone know for the non hemi what motor the 1-3 or 1-2's would come on.. just seams to make sense that the parts were from a bigger or different brand motor. will i need to jet up because the valve will be open longer?

yep,, saw that,,, which is why i'm asking,..anyone know for the non hemi what motor the 1-3 or 1-2's would come on.. just seams to make sense that the parts were from a bigger or different brand motor. will i need to jet up because the valve will be open longer?
As far as i know they didnt come on anything, they are aftermarket.

The 79cc predators have them.

The top is from a 79cc predator. The bottom is off a clone.
20201108_124655.jpg

Just think of a teeter totter and, if you move the pivot point away from the middle, how much further one end travels than the other.

Why do people call them ratio rockers? All rockers have a ratio.
ETA: I'm not talking about anyone specific. I see this everywhere.

I got those SUPPOSEDLY 1.3 rocker but they are just shorter rocker OVERALL. if look, at them they are just SHORTER OVERALL and not right. they push on the very very inside of the valve stem as, "something got lost in the translation" when they told china to make them. china understood... "make a smaller/shorter rocker" and that is what they did.

they did not understand, make the pushrod pocket CLOSER to the fulcrum by x amt, but LEAVE THE DISTANCE FROM THE FULCRUM to the VALVE STEM ALONE!!! so what u get when u buy a $10 stamped steel (SUPPOSEDLY) 1.3 rocker is just a SHORTER OVERALL rocker that pushes on the very inside of the valve stem that puts a horrific side load on the valve and doesnt /cant give the valve any more lift.

just very very poor quality control . put the stock rocker on a head and the (supposedly) 1.3 rocker on the other valve (intake, the exhaust flows well enough with stock rocker anyway). and u can see what i am talking about. put them side by side. with the FULCRUM lined up. the supposedly 1.3 rocker is just a SMALLER ROCKER, when it should have the same distance from FULCRUM to valve stem distance and SHORTER pushrod pocket to FULCRUM DISTANCE. poor quality control for a 10 cent stamped steel rocker.

I got those SUPPOSEDLY 1.3 rocker but they are just shorter rocker OVERALL. if look, at them they are just SHORTER OVERALL and not right. they push on the very very inside of the valve stem as, "something got lost in the translation" when they told china to make them. china understood... "make a smaller/shorter rocker" and that is what they did.

they did not understand, make the pushrod pocket CLOSER to the fulcrum by x amt, but LEAVE THE DISTANCE FROM THE FULCRUM to the VALVE STEM ALONE!!! so what u get when u buy a $10 stamped steel (SUPPOSEDLY) 1.3 rocker is just a SHORTER OVERALL rocker that pushes on the very inside of the valve stem that puts a horrific side load on the valve and doesnt /cant give the valve any more lift.

just very very poor quality control . put the stock rocker on a head and the (supposedly) 1.3 rocker on the other valve (intake, the exhaust flows well enough with stock rocker anyway). and u can see what i am talking about. put them side by side. with the FULCRUM lined up. the supposedly 1.3 rocker is just a SMALLER ROCKER, when it should have the same distance from FULCRUM to valve stem distance and SHORTER pushrod pocket to FULCRUM DISTANCE. poor quality control for a 10 cent stamped steel rocker.

You get what you pay for, especially in Chinese things. Why do you think so many of us run roller rockers? Side note: I have stock style 1.2 and 1.3 Chinese rockers and both are noticeably shorter on the pushrod side. I don't run them because the first ones I had broke, they were very thin. The ones I have now are much thicker but once bitten, twice shy.

Back