Ratios....Not a Debate

Then provided everything else is close Sr Clone is 2 more teeth on rear so 15/58
Maybe a few more, being over class weight.

Is there not a 400 or 425 class for you? On your BEST game, you are going to be at least .2 off of guys that are struggling at 375.

And I'd say both guys are being honest about the RPM's they are turning.

The 6690 guy probably only has 250-400 RPM drop in the corners. If this guy gives any advice or talks to you about anything listen to him, he is hooked up. But remember, there is normally a least a tenth difference between weight classes and your Ideal class is 3 above heavy. So a realistic goal would to be .4 within his times.

The 7260 guy, I'd bet is dropping 1200 RPM in the corner. While the 7260 isn't ideal, it's just a split second that it's hitting that. And he has handling issues as well.

I see folks at the track with mini torches using them on their tires.....what's that do?
A couple possibilities, depends on when you see them do it.

Putting a ton of prep into the tires heat then wipe, heat then wipe, on and on and on........

Burning in a prep to help it fire off quicker. Normally last minute as they mount the tires. these guys usually look in a big hurry.

Maintaining heat in a tire that was pulled from the hotbox and mounted on the kart.

Putting heat in the tire to help fire off quicker, not having a hotbox. usually while mounting on the kart and then after and repeat till they hit the track.

Absolutely nothing. Guy is fast, not touching his tires at all, but has to do something so he messes with some old tires to help calm his nerves and the other karts start burning and wiping thinking he is.

A couple possibilities, depends on when you see them do it.

Putting a ton of prep into the tires heat then wipe, heat then wipe, on and on and on........

Burning in a prep to help it fire off quicker. Normally last minute as they mount the tires. these guys usually look in a big hurry.

Maintaining heat in a tire that was pulled from the hotbox and mounted on the kart.

Putting heat in the tire to help fire off quicker, not having a hotbox. usually while mounting on the kart and then after and repeat till they hit the track.

Absolutely nothing. Guy is fast, not touching his tires at all, but has to do something so he messes with some old tires to help calm his nerves and the other karts start burning and wiping thinking he is.
I see them do it after washing....or brushing on prep. They do it till whatever was on the tire dries. You can literally see it evaporate.

I see them do it after washing....or brushing on prep. They do it till whatever was on the tire dries. You can literally see it evaporate.
After washing, is to make sure the tire is dry before prepping and if the tire is hot when applying prep, it will evaporate quicker and go deeper into the tire.

When they do it immediately after prepping, this is where they are burning the prep into the tire. It drives the prep deeper into the tire and also leaves behind a feel to the tire similar to the way a drag tire feels after a burnout. If you need to get a lot of prep into a tire, you repeat this until you feel you get the tire right.

If you attempt to use any kind of heat- torch, heat gun, hotbox, blankets- be sure to SET AIR before you apply any heat and DON'T ADJUST AIR after adding heat. Even if using nitrogen.

Back