re magnatison of stator

ttownwideglider

I would like to use our Mag partical machine at work to re magnatize my rotor on my KT100. Will it matter which way I run rhe lines of magnagetic flux thru the machine or not. We have a coil and a bar shot dont know which way to shoot it or if it makes a difference. Do any of you ignition guys know?

There was a time when many small engine shops could and would give your magnets a "Bump", but , today, I think most would rather sell you a new one, thank goodness todays magnets are quite advanced from older types.

Jack this ones been setting in my steel toolbox drawer for over a year now. Was running the cylinder and head turned around and using a left hand rotor. Afraid it might have lost some kick so want to give it a boost before i use it again.

I just went through this with the rotor on a leopard, was told that I need to use attracting ends of the magnets to make it work, not opposing. Have no clue on the fancy machine, but maybe this helps.

Your talking about a mag test machine? I'm with Jack should not have lost much.
A simple test would be to compare to 1 you trust/like to the old one with test weight or gauss meter.
New magnets are made with alnico which does not lose like older alloy maagnets.
old tractor guys can remagnitize and are about the best choice . the problem is alnico magnets need impulse magnitizers
with capacitors and electronic rtriggering to send huge amounts of current. Not your everyday magnetic field.

Our Magnaflux machine at Bizjet is a three phase hugh unit 20' long can produce a super large magnectic field . The coil is three feet in diameter, the head shots are up to 15' long. Iam just not sure if the magnets in the rotor are aligned with thier fields in the same direction or if they are positive and negative on different ends. Does anyone know how the are aligned? I think there are two of them in the rotor so that would make a difference in how I would shoot them ,if the positive face the same direction I can do it fine. If they are turned opisiate each other no can do.

get out your compass.
Ill send you a couple bsa mags heck should be able to a spark after a session in there.
I think the pole pieces need close contact with the field generator.
but with what you have maybe not.
I guess your sure its no good.

Back