Reaper tire ?

Thanks for the info, now the million dollar question is it a special different blend, or same blend with just a fancy label, and is it pretty much always wipe just method and how much being the key.
It’s not the same as regular pink. And wiping depends on the track conditions just like most other preps.

I'm gonna make a wheel that you paint liquid rubber on at the grid. it will be the first no prep no cut tire.
You jest, but I've thought about an airless solid silicone tire, like a slot car tire, scaled up to kart size. The only drawback is that karts use sidewall flex like suspension. And I have a theory that this phenomenon aids handling enough to be significantly slower without it. Of course solid silicone would flex some...

You jest, but I've thought about an airless solid silicone tire, like a slot car tire, scaled up to kart size. The only drawback is that karts use sidewall flex like suspension. And I have a theory that this phenomenon aids handling enough to be significantly slower without it. Of course solid silicone would flex some...
what about a foam insert in the tire. would it stiffen up the sidewall on a burris

what about a foam insert in the tire. would it stiffen up the sidewall on a burris
I've already thought of this too, and if you replaced the air with foam, it would keep the same "pressure" to the track, and never rise with temp. Foam breakdown would be the concern. Different densities would act like more pressure, and different layering would allow for stiffer sidwall, but softer tread. The real question is how to keep the bead from unseating -- screws or beadlocks. But I don't want to derail this thread further. It's interesting to me that we develop custom preps for different varieties of tire instead of just getting the tire manufacturers to offer a proper tire that doesn't need prep in the first place...

How many races can you get from a new set?

I have gotten about 5-8 races out of mine before needing flipped. All depends how low of rubber your willing to run them. I cut a set and didn't cut a set same amount of races on each set before the dots were gone on one side. Still racing them though till they are no longer fast.

I'm new on the Reaper tires and had our first race at Anynor 2wks ago in amature clone 375.
My driver did do some inside prep prior and cleaned and wiped at track.
Had wear about 2inches on inside of outside tires. Maybe to soft, didn't check duro (dumb). Ran 9psi on outside and 7inside. They started going away near the end of 15 laps.
I don't know about the inside prep for these tires. Grind for trueness and clean and wipe, because that maybe all they need.
Per Terry Odem: higher air for these tires

I'm new on the Reaper tires and had our first race at Anynor 2wks ago in amature clone 375.
My driver did do some inside prep prior and cleaned and wiped at track.
Had wear about 2inches on inside of outside tires. Maybe to soft, didn't check duro (dumb). Ran 9psi on outside and 7inside. They started going away near the end of 15 laps.
I don't know about the inside prep for these tires. Grind for trueness and clean and wipe, because that maybe all they need.
Per Terry Odem: higher air for these tires
No inside is necessary.

Back