Reaper tires or any tires ?

That depends on the track, and how much time there is through the series, if its a very low bite track, maybe a couple, few sets.. Very high bite abrasive track, you will need more. If its low bite winter series, you may need only 1 set, high bite abrasive track in a hot summer series, you could be needing a new set every week.
Theres just so many variables with little info thats been given.

Alright, let's add some variables then. Tri County kartway, running red or green plate and series runs pretty much the whole year since they race every there week with big races mixed in. And no racing in august

So we just started running this track and Red plate. Currently the rules for both classes is Reapers. My plan is to have two sets of Reapers and to see how things go.
For Red plate normally they run early in the order that you don't see a lot of change in the track. But Jr1 A and then Jr1B runs a lot later in the order.
I will have the two sets ready to go more for having a set ready as the turnaround time between practice and qualifying can be tight.

Now also Mitchell Speedway runs a kids night sometimes on Tri-County off weekends and they run the same rules. But since it is an asphalt track i will use my oldest set of Reapers there. So right now I am planning on three sets.

For Coleridge that run opposite weekends, they are a Maxxis tire for red plate.

Alright, let's add some variables then. Tri County kartway, running red or green plate and series runs pretty much the whole year since they race every there week with big races mixed in. And no racing in august
Tri County is a good track, and for red plate, id have a minimum of 3 sets for the series. Red plate is just for the little ones to get seat time and learn how to start racing. Yes you want them to run good, but learning how to race here should take precedent.
Green plate is getting a bit more speed and tire choice is more critical. I would have a minimum of 5 sets here, all with a good rotation of cure time. Thats just to cover all variables that may happen with the track and/or weather.

We try to race at Liberty, Coleridge, Mitchell, and Tri-county, in the area i think there are about 9 Red Plate drivers and last time at Tri-county there were just 2 of us. We will be there this Saturday

I wish I could but the wife made plans in SC for this weekend. I'm gonna pick up a set of tires and come out to the next race. It will be his very first ...

Back