Rear Axle Mounting

SnairB

I am getting ready to mount a 33 inch axle on a 2009 Voodoo chassis.
Should the axle be centered on the frame? or should it be offset to one side or the other?
If offset, how much?

I am getting ready to mount a 33 inch axle on a 2009 Voodoo chassis.
Should the axle be centered on the frame? or should it be offset to one side or the other?
If offset, how much?

I would install the axle with sprocket hub, brake rotor, bearing/cassettes and mount on the kart.

Leave the brake rotor, sprocket hub, bearings loose, so they float on the axle.

Next I would slide the two wheel hubs on, on the right side I'd leave 1/4" gap between the hub and the snap ring groove and tighten the hub.

Use two lock collars, one each side of the RR axle bearing, then mount a 10" wheel on the right side,
slide the axle until you have a 1/4" gap between the frame rail and wheel, then locked down the two lock collars.

Next put your LR wheel on and slide hub to give you 3/4" gap between wheel and frame rail.

Next center the brake rotor and lock it down.

Adjust sprocket hub so rear gear aligns with drive sprocket.

If everything looks good, I drill and pin the LR bearing. Some people like to just put a lock collar inside the LR bearing. Your choice...

I'm sure you'll get many more replies on how other people do theirs...

Last edited:
Wow. Didn't realize it was as involved as this.
I appreciate the detailed instruction cause this is just what I needed.
thanks.

Slick we run a 32" axle on asphalt and dirt. Prime did an awesome job on explaining how to properly mount it.

He sure did. Thanks for the information and input. Will check mine tonight.

Lockport. Damn I am originally from Corning, NY.

great post by prime time...just curious though why is the LR pinned over RR...i would guess it helps drive the LR off the corner...or is it a weight transfer thing?...thanks

Back