Rear axle position

Double Duce

If I lower my rear axle will it put more nose weight on my kart? Has anyone ever lowered the inside axle and raised the outside at the same time

You must physically move weight forward to increase nose weight. Same for left to right.
You will change cross by moving only one side, or each side of the axle, in opposite directions.

If I lower my rear axle will it put more nose weight on my kart? Has anyone ever lowered the inside axle and raised the outside at the same time
Causes too many headaches, brake rotors have to be on floating hubs, same with sprocket hub, nd even then you can run into brake rotor rub or tossing a chain out of the blue.
Leave it level in the kart and adjust elsewhere.
Nose weight how close is the crotch of the seat from the steering upright? and how high is it mounted?

Causes too many headaches, brake rotors have to be on floating hubs, same with sprocket hub, nd even then you can run into brake rotor rub or tossing a chain out of the blue.
Leave it level in the kart and adjust elsewhere.
Nose weight how close is the crotch of the seat from the steering upright? and how high is it mounted?
It is right up against the steering upright and the front is 4" off the frame and the back is 9" off the axel

Are you asking for a specific reason Like only adding nose %age to the kart ? because you have a push ?
No push I can only get 45 to 46 with adding about 12 pounds of weight and all the guys I run with say I should be around 50 on the nose and I really don't want to add more weight

Are you kicking butt and/or able to run with the rest up front or usually towards the front?

If you are then just because the "rest of the guys" run more nose weight is not or should not be a factor.

Moving forward in the pack then or in the pecking order will be better done fixing on track problems or even very slight on track problems.

If your lost then yeah try getting more nose weight like everyone else. If not fine tune your way to the top. The best thing you may need is a good trackside observer looking for slight problems or verifying what you feel on the track.

You said "no push" and from that alone i'd say you need to do things to get rolling better and maintaining momentum better.

Getting faster might be as simple as your down on motor a little.

No push I can only get 45 to 46 with adding about 12 pounds of weight and all the guys I run with say I should be around 50 on the nose and I really don't want to add more weight
All the guy's you run with are wrong about needing 50 % nose weight.
What class and weight are you running ?
What chassis ?

Are you kicking butt and/or able to run with the rest up front or usually towards the front?

If you are then just because the "rest of the guys" run more nose weight is not or should not be a factor.

Moving forward in the pack then or in the pecking order will be better done fixing on track problems or even very slight on track problems.

If your lost then yeah try getting more nose weight like everyone else. If not fine tune your way to the top. The best thing you may need is a good trackside observer looking for slight problems or verifying what you feel on the track.

You said "no push" and from that alone i'd say you need to do things to get rolling better and maintaining momentum better.

Getting faster might be as simple as your down on motor a little.
I run 3rd or 4th out of ten every week

I agree 50% is a lot . With no handling issues , why change it .
What type tires , chassis and where abouts .
46.5-47 is pretty normal .
Be aware as you add weight the amount needed for a change goes up as well . As in 10% of 400 is 40 but now the total weight is 440 so it wont make a full 10% change.

I agree 50% is a lot . With no handling issues , why change it .
What type tires , chassis and where abouts .
46.5-47 is pretty normal .
Be aware as you add weight the amount needed for a change goes up as well . As in 10% of 400 is 40 but now the total weight is 440 so it wont make a full 10% change.
We run yellow vagas and the chassis is a phantom do you know if I am at 46 nose what is a good cross number

I usually click on "new posts" when I look in on here.

I just noticed you started this thread asking in the beginners section.

Because of that and what I previously wrote. I too think your being handled at the track with the 50% nose weight ... BULL.

Spend some time here and I think folks like racing promotor will get you going and you will eventually do a number on the top 3 ahead of you.

I run 3rd or 4th out of ten every week

From what I quoted my guess is because your new your a pretty bright person who sees common sense stuff easily.

And without trying to hurt anyone's feelings your running with a bunch of slugs who have no clue what there doing or maybe riding on total junk, except for the couple who run ahead of you. At this point i'm sure folks are chopin on the bit wanting to know numbers in addition to weight out and they also want to know what kind of tires your on and how there prepped. I'll bet by the end of next season you'll either be winning or have won a race or will be pushing the couple maybe 3 karts ahead of you around the track with them worrying about you, not you worrying about them.

Right now your learning and your also very likely being thrown a lot of bull.

I don't think your going to have to tell us where your racing, but those helping are also going to have to get kind of a grip on about the type of track your racing. Like banking, clay, size, corner shape, etc.. I think your going to have some fun racing next year because of success, not because your there to have fun. The first looser is still second place. ... :)

Back