Rear axle setup on am older Coyote

Jake75

I have an older Coyote....looking to get back into karting this year. I plan on running clone medium at Ben Hur. I did a complete tear down and I am wonder about rear axle placement. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
20210310_065321.jpg

If its a 38-40 " you should be able to center it up .
33" -35 " i would go with one half inch , out further on the right then my hub location .
Do you know the model ? Or year ?

Not sure on year......Pretty sure its an oval Rocket. So maybe late 90s eatly 00s? We ran it in like 04-06 and had good success.

Oval Rockets did not have adjustable front ends, unless of course someone welded them on. The later Coyotes had adjustable front ends that looked somewhat different then that. We ran Coyote for years and did quite well. We had several models Interceptor, Thrasher, Assassin yours does not look like any of them. I think they had a model that was part LHO and part Sprint..... Wide Track Offset perhaps?

Last edited:
Oval Rockets did not have adjustable front ends, unless of course someone welded them on. The later Coyotes had adjustable front ends that looked somewhat different then that. We ran Coyote for years and did quite well. We had several models Interceptor, Thrasher, Assassin yours does not look like any of them. I think they had a model that was
Yeah im not sure what model it is.....but i will say i love the adjustable front end. I would like to get a newer chassis just not in the budget this year.

A good clear picture of the spindle assembly would be nice .
It almost looks like a sniper setup .
Some how it doesn't look fully coyote at least what i have .

Cool thanks.
Not saying yours is not original .
This is one from an 2001 trasher .
It could be an upgrade .

Attachments

• 16154356007065289456955009237903.jpg
    16154356007065289456955009237903.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 14
I'm that might not be an oval rocket, N/C is Nervo /Coggins aka Rage original owners Bob Nervo, One of the ones why Ward Karting ever came to be, thats gotta be a rage Silencer I think?

I can't see it well enough to see if the hole is centered in it or not yet sense it is marked it may may be off set so be careful of its orientation when you align your caster and chamber adjustments.

I can't see it well enough to see if the hole is centered in it or not yet sense it is marked it may may be off set so be careful of its orientation when you align your caster and chamber adjustments.
Thanks....the support here is amazing

Freezman is correct . On the coyote pill if you turn it around it adds orremoves camber . Definitely pay attention to that .
Anymarking on the lft rear cassette hanger.
Jamie is pretty spot on with his assement of mfg.
A coyote should have provisions for a stiffner in theback between the frame rails .
Several things suggest its not coyote to me .
The nerfs aren't bolt on in front . The stiffner and front porch along with the termination of the inside motor mount rail .

Back