Rear axle

calispec

As I complete my first year with my son in flat karts and am looking to see what parts need replaced in yearly maintenance. Recon kart. I will change all bearings. Get a new chain. Replace the throttle cable. I was told to replace the axle and both spindles. Anything else?

As I complete my first year with my son in flat karts and am looking to see what parts need replaced in yearly maintenance. Recon kart. I will change all bearings. Get a new chain. Replace the throttle cable. I was told to replace the axle and both spindles. Anything else?
I wouldn't replace the spindles just the kingpins and bearings

They take way more abuse than you realize
Gotcha. I didn’t think they would take much at all, but they are cheap and you might as well toss them when you are changing spindles.

My spindles take a beating cuz I’m currently a mid pack racer.

Gotcha. I didn’t think they would take much at all, but they are cheap and you might as well toss them when you are changing spindles.

My spindles take a beating cuz I’m currently a mid pack racer.
As long as they aren't bent, you'll be ok.
Cheap is the reason to change kingpin bolts, and replace with cheap as well

Yall guys ruined this post...could've been a good one with important information to help other racers out (the point of 4cycle) it turnt into something useless. I like this site but to many people trying to prove something that's irrelevant ...

Change the lube rings in the cassettes when you change the rear bearings. Some bearings have tighter tolerances than others, but even with the best if the lube rings get worn you'll have side to side play in the axle assembly.

Back