Rear suspension design

Tricketts

Has anyone attempted to build a chassis that rotates like a late model with rear steer, suspension and the whole setup to slam it in the corner and get some!?

Karts dont have enough HP to make that work. We dont have the space to make that work.

Ive thought about it, but it just doesnt work without the entire kart being suspended. It also would make setups incredibly difficult, karts more expensive, and probably hurt karting as a whole. I figure if you want to have a latemodel in a smaller form you can just call up Sharp Chassis and get one of their mini lates.

Has anyone attempted to build a chassis that rotates like a late model with rear steer, suspension and the whole setup to slam it in the corner and get some!?
This is funny.

The late models are going to more kart like setup.
The rf is coil bound at race attitude.
The lr is held nearly solid by 4 link bars.

Rear steer merely moves rf more inset of rr, adding traction to rf.

Late model dynamic weight look awful lot like kart dynamic weights.

This is funny.

The late models are going to more kart like setup.
The rf is coil bound at race attitude.
The lr is held nearly solid by 4 link bars.

Rear steer merely moves rf more inset of rr, adding traction to rf.

Late model dynamic weight look awful lot like kart dynamic weights.
your not wrong, was just talking with some of my old late model (pavement) guys and they are all on bump stops and tie down shock. so once they touch the brakes, the whole car sets down on rubber stoppers or solid poly blocks with plastic 1/8 inch shims. locks in. takes like 15 minutes for the shocks to come back to full extension.. just like the front of a kart. washers up or down.

your not wrong, was just talking with some of my old late model (pavement) guys and they are all on bump stops and tie down shock. so once they touch the brakes, the whole car sets down on rubber stoppers or solid poly blocks with plastic 1/8 inch shims. locks in. takes like 15 minutes for the shocks to come back to full extension.. just like the front of a kart. washers up or down.
And now you understand why everyone complains about any bump or rut in the track and why they don't want a cushion. No stops or rubbers on springs/shocks/suspension, one spring per wheel.

We have a local mini-mod class with a 400ex motor, 2 of the cars are flat and dont hike up and one does. Typically the non-hiking cars win, the hiking car is typically tight and is more of a handful, the other two are controlling the yaw with the throttle and dont ever get tight. Track is only 1/8th or so...

If you have the time go to a quarter midget race. The AA's, if they still call amount, go to great lengths with suspension on the rear axle, even though it's a live axle. Course I'm talking 30 years 40 years ago.

Back