Rear %

Not in karts anymore but you guys seem to have more of an understanding of what percentage changes do to a car/kart vs other classes.

If you run less rear % say 56% vs 61% do you feel like that's a whole corner adjustment? Exit? Middle?

You posted a link just below that says otherwise and my testing/experience says otherwise. I was really just curious if guys felt like it changed the whole corner, or just certain portions.
Yup…you’re right…been awhile since I’ve looked at those notes LOL

Last edited:
If you get nose weight to high past a certain balance it will only show up on entry, because rear will pop loose and you'll have to get out of the throttle that much it will maintain through the remainder.

Dude let's get this straight, too much nose will cause you to turn too much on entry, but on exit you will push like a friggin dump truck if your kart isn't made for it. Impulses and seraphs liked high nose because of the structure of them

If you get too little nose you won't turn as well on entry and on exit the nose will be a little more floaty. To a point it'll turn better on exit because the front tires aren't overloading. But if you go too low it also will have an issue with turning enough on exit. Nose is a set it and forget it thing for me personally

There are too many variables to look after, so I think getting it right for your kart and weight class is best option then never messing with it

If you get nose weight to high past a certain balance it will only show up on entry, because rear will pop loose and you'll have to get out of the throttle that much it will maintain through the remainder.
Like. ^^^^^^^^

No matter what you race your first objective is to be able to drive and/or turn into the corner.
Your second objective is to learn to be able to get enough turning of the total turn done on entry an BEFORE mid corner.

Fast is getting the above mentioned turning done efficiently and at a speed slightly above entry.

Break....Insert Arc..... Turn..... Accelerate
The rest will take care of itself.

Back