Recommendations on clutch and engine

That's a shame, really.
These engines MUST be teched, regardless of having seals or not.
I don't know the specifics of GoPro's tech, but I do know that training is available. :)

I'd be glad to help you with one of our race-ready LO206 engine packages (dyno tuned or not.)
For a clutch, I prefer the Hilliard with Bully conversion. Flame if you want to tune with weights, Fury if you want plug & play reliability.
If there's anything that we can help with, dollarbill, give us a call.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Brian, we have Bartlett, Leggs, Randall at Maxxis and a handful of others that are within an hours drive of Go Pro and cheap to hire. The only time they've thrown anyone our due to engine infraction since I've been going is me, I was wrong on the spark plug we got from Dyno and even they didn't know about it until it happened. Go Pro's guy I think knows how to tech, he's torn me down, it's more the track and now, there are just too many of one engine builders making up a large part of the entries that it would be a systemic problem. I yell and cry all the time about the tech to deaf ears. The only thing that will help is entries start dying off but so far, the racers chose to "join" them. They see the sticker and say "this is the only place I'm going" and is likely why we see large % from one engine guy. If I was that engine guy, I would want my engines tech'd so dumbies like me wouldn't be on here hinting something's up. As my race partner so famously states...."It's not cheating unless you're caught" so until we get a tech man over there...technically, he's right.

50 years ago, walking around the pits, the most often heard phrase was, "that clutch, @!^%$&^, I'm going to throw it in the garbage". lol. the manufacturers kept making them better, but they were very complicated, so now we're back to 50 years ago. Drum clutches with springs holding the shoes from making contact with the drum below a certain RPM.
The new disc clutches are not real cheap, and a lot of people complain about that, so the governing bodies have made rules against the disk clutch. It's funny that they don't make any rules against the pricing of new karts!! Why do you think that is? We have classes with no disc clutches, why not classes with cheaper karts? Why not a speck kart?

50 years ago, walking around the pits, the most often heard phrase was, "that clutch, @!^%$&^, I'm going to throw it in the garbage". lol. the manufacturers kept making them better, but they were very complicated, so now we're back to 50 years ago. Drum clutches with springs holding the shoes from making contact with the drum below a certain RPM.
The new disc clutches are not real cheap, and a lot of people complain about that, so the governing bodies have made rules against the disk clutch. It's funny that they don't make any rules against the pricing of new karts!! Why do you think that is? We have classes with no disc clutches, why not classes with cheaper karts? Why not a speck kart?

Actually, Al, there is a class that uses spec kart chassis. It has become very popular, even at the national level. You can even do "arrive & drive" rentals and subscribe to the factory pit support tent.
Spec engine, spec clutch, spec tires, and spec chassis.
Small on innovation, but big on equality. Not exactly my cup of tea, but hundreds of racers love it.

Back