recommended carb changes

foreverfaster

Site Supporter
I have stock honda 196, it now has open air filter and straight header no muffler (yet) what is recommended to change in the carb so it will run correctly ??

You have not told us what it is doining but I would say it is bogging on accelaration and back firing on deccelaration. You first need to increase the size of your main jet, you shouls start at .033" and go from there.

I'll see what I can find in a .033 and yes this is what its doing, I want to put it on a kart, but cant seem to get it to run well on the bench.. OH.. I bought one of those ??CL2 cams for it.. it's in the motor as well.. everything else is stock OEM.

seems I posted something a while back how when I measured the cam from lobe base to lobe top and then the base circle, it appeared to be the same or almost the same as the stock Honda cam

You have not told us what it is doining but I would say it is bogging on accelaration and back firing on deccelaration. You first need to increase the size of your main jet, you shouls start at .033" and go from there.

Back