Recon Castor?

Jayhud11

I’m a newbie trying to learn as much as I can.

What exactly does castor do?

What do you guys run your castor at?
Feel free to pm me any castor secrets lol. Thanks!

There can be some fine tuning adjustments done with caster, but for the most part the stock 7 and 10 will be exactly where you want to have it.

More from an Engineering answer without typing a book. ( which I'm not, but did stay at a Holiday Inn Express a few times )

Caster provides the self-centering effect for the steering, Caster also controls how much of the static weight is transferred as dynamic weight during cornering, Increasing caster makes the front end bite more gives steering more feel and will work the right side tires harder, Decreasing will give less feeling in steering and decreases weight transferred during cornering, you also decrease dynamic weight transfer and the LR will NOT unload as much.
Experienced racers will tell you more like, Big tracks less caster, small tracks more, High bite track less caster, lower bite more caster, close split more weight transfer, open split up more less weight transfer. This is based on Oval LTO racing.

As stated for now set it at 7 left 10 right, or 8 & 12 and leave it alone.

Good Luck !!

It's OK to learn as much as you can digest, BUT as a new racer set Caster and Cross as part of your base line set-up and let them alone, most newer racers having issues should look to there tires first, If you find yourself making chassis adjustments for handling issues adjust camber, and % ages and leave caster and cross alone, once you got it 90% figured out and only need FINE tuning then look to caster & cross adjustments.

Good Luck !!

Haveing trouble figuring caster also on a reacon , where would it be set for 7/10 or 8/12 ? On the l blocks should they be all the way forward or all the way backwards in order to get the 7/10 or 8/12 ? I notice on my l block it has a 7 printed on one side of the front and a 10 printed on the other side of the front

0151 titanriders
Its non adjustable if you dont knock the pin out of the top of the
Chassis plate.
There should be hash Mark's on the top.
Each mark is 2 degrees. Center should be 7/10 with both pins in .
Just read the top of
L block.
Front mark is if block is in forward position .

WOW 670 views only 3 opinions that's gotta be a record.
015 titan rider I sent you a pm if you haven't deleted it . with my assessment of the locations.

Last edited:
Standard Recon Castor is 7 on the Left and 10 on the right. Left Castor block in the rear position and Right in the forward position. Loosen the camber rod end and the bolt on the bottom of the block and the Castor block should easily pivot to proper setting. To move the Castor block forward and back, remove the bolt and the inside rod end nut, pull block away from the frame and you will see 2 holes in the frame and a pin in the block.

Back