Recon open setup help

Jskelley21

I have a 16 recon with a clone 460cc been struggling to get a handle on the kart. Running Hoosier treads. track is dry dusty slick 1/10th. just hoping to get an idea on a baseline setup. also looking for seat position measurements. any help is greatly appreciated.

Forgot to mention I'm 6,2 180 pounds started with phantoms numbers for percentages I've tinkered some from there with lil improvements. I think I have the seat in the wrong spot tho. large seat

What are the issues ?
Dry dusty and slick on treads , PRC numbers probably not much good .
At 6'2 seats only going to fit in a few places .
Need your numbers and seat mounting for any chance of help .
Even with treads tires still matter .

no side bite entering corner. kart is too loose all the way around the corner. no traction coming off the corner. percentages should be real close to phantoms baseline. stagger is 2.5 front .5 in rear. front of the seat is centered on steering upright back is centered over the brake rotor. I cant remember the measurements for the struts but can get them tomaro. I know the back of the seat is up high but cany say exact measurements at this moment.

no side bite entering corner. kart is too loose all the way around the corner. no traction coming off the corner. percentages should be real close to phantoms baseline. stagger is 2.5 front .5 in rear. front of the seat is centered on steering upright back is centered over the brake rotor. I cant remember the measurements for the struts but can get them tomaro. I know the back of the seat is up high but cany say exact measurements at this moment.
Are the treads a tire rule treads only ?

seat is 3 3/4 off edge of the motor rail 2 1/2 back from the steering upright. back is 11 1/2 above the top of the axle. an about 3/4 ways up the frame tubing.
lf camber +1 rf -2 1/2
castor 7 an 10
cross is 65
left is 55.3
nose is 46.1
front stagger 2 1/2
rear stagger is 1/2

Seat bottom should only be 1/8 " up into tubing, and back should only be 9.25 " off axle, I guess your 2.5 " front stagger is a treads tire thing, should only be 1.5 ", your left side weight is low as well, and LF camber is to much positive, and I'd be getting off the treads putting good bite in the tires but that's just me.

Along with what RP said i would drop cross .
How soft are the tires .
The 2.5 front stagger is iffy .
How are you getting a 1/2 inch in the rear ?
Rf , Rr and Lf rear all the same size tire .

Seat bottom should only be 1/8 " up into tubing, and back should only be 9.25 " off axle, I guess your 2.5 " front stagger is a treads tire thing, should only be 1.5 ", your left side weight is low as well, and LF camber is to much positive, and I'd be getting off the treads putting good bite in the tires but that's just me.
I figured the seat was off just wanted to confirm. should I be farther off the motor rail or any closer to the steering upright? I've been thinking about going to slicks just haven't yet. I def appreciate the input man like that any help is appreciated

Along with what RP said i would drop cross .
How soft are the tires .
The 2.5 front stagger is iffy .
How are you getting a 1/2 inch in the rear ?
Rf , Rr and Lf rear all the same size tire .
Rr is a d50 the rest are d30s. both rears are the 12×9 rf is 11.5x9

I figured the seat was off just wanted to confirm. should I be farther off the motor rail or any closer to the steering upright? I've been thinking about going to slicks just haven't yet. I def appreciate the input man like that any help is appreciated
No not as long as your comfortable your nose weight is ok so no closer, little further off rail will help you gain left side.

okay I'll give it a try an see what happens. thanks again. may even get a set of set of maxxis ready to try an see how that goes

Yes - reverse caster likely wont help . With that frt stagger , maybe .
Seat too high , left is low , lft frt camber high and maybe less nose .
The tire combanation just seems off . A soft lft rear and hard on rr a hard on rf frt , no idea on lft frt . Or air pressure . Apparently it turns so thats a plus .

Actually If trying the reversed caster the high front stagger is needed with it, pretty sure that's what I remember Mike posting awhile back.

Back