Recon open setup help

believe me I'm being easy on the throttle. to much torque to be hard on the throttle. that or not enough forward bite. if even been gearing to kill the torque. I've only been prepping the treads about the last two or three race weekends been trying to stay away from it but everyone I'm racing against is doing it now so I have too.

Yes - reverse caster likely wont help . With that frt stagger , maybe .
Seat too high , left is low , lft frt camber high and maybe less nose .
The tire combanation just seems off . A soft lft rear and hard on rr a hard on rf frt , no idea on lft frt . Or air pressure . Apparently it turns so thats a plus .
I have the rr at a 50 so it doesn't get burnt off so quick trying to keep my tire cost to a minimum since I have another stock kart an my sons kart to keep fresh tires on. I do have 30s that I can put on the rr also. the thing does turn more then I need lol

I'm also going to try an get the front stagger down an see what that does also. the biggest problem I have is the 4 wheel slide entering the corner. feels like it takes forever to dig in.

I had always heard add cross till it 4 wheel drifts then take away cross .

Seat could be an issue.
Lft camber for sure . Reduce cross 2-5 % .
Try reverse stagger .

Any chance of using a wedge body .

On treads i ran 11/6 12/6 left and right just tuned with that stagger . 1/10 is pretty small .
Its not a clone , tune it like a sprint car .

I had always heard add cross till it 4 wheel drifts then take away cross .

Seat could be an issue.
Lft camber for sure . Reduce cross 2-5 % .
Try reverse stagger .

Any chance of using a wedge body .
I'm confident the seat has some to do with it its obviously up high. the camber stuff I'm still figuring out how that works. I've done some reverse stagger in the rear but only a couple times an it helped a lil

Back