Recon or Scythe

Now that Phantom has announced they’re bringing back the Recon. Which chassis would you guys go with and why?
What does that say to you when you see a chassis manufacturer is bringing back a previously designed model?

We've not rode a Scythe. We had a Triton, Triton JR, Minecon, several Recons, and a couple Deuces. None of these matched the success we had on the Recon. We were riding the Deuce when the Scythe came out and were considering the Scythe. We actually switched away from Phantom b/c of all the racers we personally talked to that bought a new .083 Scythe and sold them very soon after.

Not having personal experience with the Scythe, I'd go with what I know and get a Recon. If you decide on the Scythe I'd be sure to get the .095

Last edited:
Scythe. I feel like it’s the better all around chassis. I always felt like my recon was too tight.
It’s weird that you say that. My Recon is never tight. Recon is probably the best kart that I’ve ever been on in my opinion. I like a freer kart and it seems that the Recon suits that well

What does that say to you when you see a chassis manufacturer is bringing back a previously designed model?

We've not rode a Scythe. We had a Triton, Triton JR, Minecon, several Recons, and a couple Deuces. None if these matched the success we had on the Recon. We were riding the Deuce when the Scythe came out and were considering the Scythe. We actually switched away from Phantom b/c of all the racers we personally talked to that bought a new .083 Scythe and sold them very soon after.

Not having personal experience with the Scythe, I'd go with what I know and get a Recon. If you decide on the Scythe I'd be sure to get the .095
I think brining the Recon back is one of the best things they could have done. I’ve always been on phantom and the Recon is by far my favorite. The I’ve heard good and bad regarding the Scythe

Back