recon

Were on a 014 triton,trying to decide to get a recon or not...just trying to see how much difference setups will be from one to the other..

This is something the local dealer you purchased the chassis from should be offering. It is my belief that it goes much further than simply handing a Phantom owners manual to the customer and is to provide ongoing technical support based on the racer's class, driver preference, track configuration and situations.

JMO

Does the recon like about the same setup numbers as the triton??

Seems to me like nobody wants to help with the recon setup info. You call PRC and get a different answer every time you call. It definitely has a lot to do with mounting the seat properly, but PRC doesn't really seem to know what to tell you on how to mount it, which baffles me seeing that Mullis works there and is obviously fast on his. I understand that guys want to keep things a secret but I just think it's a joke that you buy a $3000 chassis and somehow they don't know what to tell you. Especially when one of the best in the business works there, tested out the new chassis before it was released, and is still fast on it now. The setup sheet that they send out with the kart is a joke too. Just about every chassis made in the past 5 yrs could work with that big setup window that they send out in the owner manual. I would recommend buying one from a dealer who knows the chassis already, as opposed to buying it direct from PRC. It will save yourself a huge headache

That's pretty out there blh- I have always gotten nothing but good feedback from EVERYONE at Phantom. You mentioned Jerry Mullis by name- did you ask Jerry how to mount your seat? I would hope so, since you seem to be calling him out. I believe PRC still has videos on their website on how to mount a seat properly, but I may be mistaken. Perhaps the reason that the whole world isn't falling all over themselves answering a question on Bob's is that they are all out RACING. Daytona ended last night, and some are going straight to Paradise from there. Before you call out an entire organization, get your stuff together.

I didn't call out Jerry at all. Just seems odd to me how he works at PRC, yet THEY who answer questions (last time I checked Jerry doesn't answer their phones) have no idea how to explain how to mount the seat on the recon. It isn't the same as mounting a seat on a seraph or triton, which I have done many many times and need no help on how to. If you think that it is the same, obviously you haven't seen the recon or mounted a seat on a recon before. I am only speaking from experience and calling multiple times to PRC about the recon and getting multiple answers from the same person

mounting the seat really isnt any different tho.
the seat will be about 3/4 of a inch closer to the engine rail then their previous years, get the left front strut as far forward as possible, then alight the right seat bar up with seat and the left rear strut.
bottom of seat will still be flush to 1/8 above the frame, and the front of seat postion should be the same as previous year.
back of seat height may be 1/2 or so higher then previous years depending on seat size and track conditions

Do you have problems mounting the seat on your new Recon, or are you just asking arbitrary questions? I understand the front mount is different, as is the motor rail. If you need help before PRC opens again on Monday, I believe someone may be able to help you.

Front .5" left of center of steering post. Rr strut 3" (large), 3.5" (medium). Move seat bar tab to the point that it best fits the contour of the bottom/front of the seat. Use both holes in seat bar. Slide lr strut to support the seat and tweak mounting tab to fit parallel.

Back