Red grease as differential gear oil

So I had some crazy ideas to try random things like project farm does on youtube like trying ATF, WD40, bacon grease, etc as engine oil or testing different products, but instead id do it with old differentials and transmissions. So I had a crazy idea to use Lucas Oil Red and Tacky as differential gear oil. I wonder what would happen.

He said sling to the outside…I assume he means it’s so thin that it just slings to diff cover and slings everywhere that it no longer serves a purpose good enough for long life

So I had some crazy ideas to try random things like project farm does on youtube like trying ATF, WD40, bacon grease, etc as engine oil or testing different products, but instead id do it with old differentials and transmissions. So I had a crazy idea to use Lucas Oil Red and Tacky as differential gear oil. I wonder what would happen.
So instead of trying off the wall things, why not just continue with things known to work? Beats destroying a diff or a transmission.

I believe Banks power did a video where even the design of the diff cover makes a difference. They cut a hole and put a piece of clear lexan to show how the fluid was dispersed.

Back