Red or Yellow engine, Which is better?

They both are fast. Depends on the overall build. We found that in juniors the red was super fast but that was halfway through the season as it was brand new as soon as the yellows put new valves and springs they evened out again. So really it really doesn't matter to much from what i have seen. Seems like it is usually the same drivers that are fast and slow regardless of motor color

They both are fast. Depends on the overall build. We found that in juniors the red was super fast but that was halfway through the season as it was brand new as soon as the yellows put new valves and springs they evened out again. So really it really doesn't matter to much from what i have seen. Seems like it is usually the same drivers that are fast and slow regardless of motor color

Those guys are they ones that work on set-up and tires with a overall good balance in the kart.
:)

I had a yellow side cover originally. Had motor freshened up and a red cover put on. Should be worth about a 2hp gain right? Color should not make a difference if everything is in spec.

around my area we run alot of s/a stuff, most have old style preds a couple have hemi preds and a few long rod/stroker yellow/blue clones, i have one of the only ducars (red clone) built as a mild s/a. ordered it staight from turkbros, no cam, flywheel, ect. threw a 275 cam and some springs with a arc flyweel and went racing in the open class just for laughs, ran 3rd all night against some monster animals and a bad to the bone hemi pred... from what i can tell of the red motors mine was the better of the couple ive seen in the hole wise only .010 in the hole out of the box, jt-03 head with good seats (terrible valve angles) nice smooth ports, mine had the max stroke crank, all in all would i buy another yea maybe... is it better than a yellow clone probably not but hey i like red better anyway lol

Back