Red Plate Chassis set up help. (2011 Impulse)

Jlposey

Red plate driver learning to make good lines around the track. I understand seat time will help him make better/smoother lines around the track.

We run on a Burris tire at beaver creek in Toney Alabama.

From what I understand the set up sheet is just starting points. What if anything could I do better to make my little buddy's kart better for the driver?

Also he is 6 and it is hard to get him to communicate what the kart is doing.

We have basically followed the set up sheet from Hi-tech to the tee.
F stagger 1.5
R stagger 1
Front % 47.16
Left % 53.42
Cross 61.28
Camber Right -2.75 left + .50
Toe- 0 and 1/16

Attachments

• setup.jpg
    setup.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 9
Get him some brightly colored gloves or put the tape on the wheel and watch his hand movements . I have noticed that the younger kids like to cut the wheel harder than is needed . Most of the time it's just for fun , to make the rear end slide sideways like the big cars do . Right now it's all about fun for him , as they get older it gets more serious . Main thing is , having fun with your kid , and don't make it to serious just yet . Good Luck

Get him some brightly colored gloves or put the tape on the wheel and watch his hand movements . I have noticed that the younger kids like to cut the wheel harder than is needed . Most of the time it's just for fun , to make the rear end slide sideways like the big cars do . Right now it's all about fun for him , as they get older it gets more serious . Main thing is , having fun with your kid , and don't make it to serious just yet . Good Luck
Great advice. I have some bright blue gloves and have put the line on his wheel and on the nose of the body. I have also chopped the front of the body for better visibility. I have never raced on the dirt but love the sport and want to give him a good kart make laps with.

Back