Red Plate Class

They run one at our local track Capital City, been fairly successful with it. Regular size kart, red plate clone small pipe with a gear rule. Basically a kid kart age group class, but with out the hassle of kid karts. A regular kart that can grow with the young racers. Not selling everything from the kid kart and starting over when they move to JR 1 class.

All tracks need to try and have one if they have kids to run it. The green plate class is too rough for the beginers and will discourage a young driver.

the green plate class at our local track is absolutly not a beginner class. I was really glad to see the red plate class. It is better for the young racers and the more experienced as well. Win win for the track and everyone.

They run one at our local track Capital City, been fairly successful with it. Regular size kart, red plate clone small pipe with a gear rule. Basically a kid kart age group class, but with out the hassle of kid karts. A regular kart that can grow with the young racers. Not selling everything from the kid kart and starting over when they move to JR 1 class.

How correct you are we have offered it for like 3 yrs now we have a caged class same Red Plate clone and L206 jr with rev Limiter mixed it drawed a few but the Flat Kart class never took off yet, Hopefully some will see this and come on board.

Between Deimler and Myself we got like 6 karts that can be race ready with just a little shop time, If there's someone out there that would be interested in this class That needs help getting started contact me, we'll see what we can do, We will be getting the karts race ready anyway for an Arrive and drive program.

We post this class as 5 to 7 However we will allow exceptions this is a starter class, so we will work with ya feel free to contact me anytime 717-712-3437

Thanks Ken

I started a red plate cage class at PCRP and it was very successful. The racing was very good for those little guys.

Just checking to see if anyone else is interested in joining the red plate class? If you're not sure we have a kart your kids can try out in on the track by themselves. We will have our Future Racer Racing Cause kart at Greenwood Raceway every Friday night. This kart is specifically for kids to try out go kart racing before their parents make the investment.

Back