Red plate help

Djziggy

Going to take my grandson to Penns creek tonight to run. We have never raced on that track. He is 6 yrs old and this is his 1st year racing. Any suggestions on what gear to run on that track.

In that class they have to run a drum clutch with 14/15 driver and a 58-60 rear gear so unless your grandson has caught on with driving really fast being it is his first year and corners are so tight there I would put him on a 14/60 figuring he is going to loose alot of rpm in corners

16/62 should be close but regardless of gearing you'll most likely be low until he figures the track out, you'll want Burris 33s

In that class they have to run a drum clutch with 14/15 driver and a 58-60 rear gear so unless your grandson has caught on with driving really fast being it is his first year and corners are so tight there I would put him on a 14/60 figuring he is going to loose alot of rpm in corners
Thank you

Do they not have a gear rule for red plate? When my child ran rookie red-plate every track we went to had a gear rule for that class.

Back