Red slide 206 stalling

We are having a slight issue with my sons red slide lo206. It keeps wanting to stall if he ends up having to stop for a caution. When it does stall it is very difficult to get restarted. Usually takes many pulls. Normally it will start first pull. Looking for some direction to go with this.

Pull the bowl and clean everything well with brake clean. The pilot jet is ~.012" (slightly bigger diameter than a human hair) and plugs easily. Check your float height and drop while you have it apart. Set the float height at .880" and drop @ 1.050."
Start the engine (kart on the ground) and raise the idle rpm to 2200 with the idle adjuster screw (directly under the slide.)
Next, turn the air bleed adjuster screw (one closest to the air filter) out (counterclockwise) to lean the engine at idle until the engine increases to it's highest rpm at idle. If turning the air bleed adjuster screw out didn't raise the rpm, then turn it in until you find the highest idle rpm.
Make sure that the engine doesn't run high enough rpm to engage the clutch and get away from you.
Finally, turn the idle screw out (counterclockwise) until the idle is once again at 2200.
See if that doesn't fix your problems. :)

There may be other issues (clutch locking up, throttle cable or slide/needle not properly assembled, fuel pump, fuel tank/lines/filter/shut-off valve, vent in tank cap, etc.) but this will rule out the majority of typical problems.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

We started the night off with it in slot 3. I did drop it one for the second heat which did seem to help a little. However the issue is still there. I am almost wondering if part of my issue is the idle being set too low as well as possibly the clutch engagement to close to idle.

We started the night off with it in slot 3. I did drop it one for the second heat which did seem to help a little. However the issue is still there. I am almost wondering if part of my issue is the idle being set too low as well as possibly the clutch engagement to close to idle.
Could be either.
I am generally in #3 or #4 (from the top) on a red slide.
If you're idle is set too low, that could sure become a problem (especially once the engine warms up.) Follow my instructions above and that should take care of it.

Could be either.
I am generally in #3 or #4 (from the top) on a red slide.
If you're idle is set too low, that could sure become a problem (especially once the engine warms up.) Follow my instructions above and that should take care of it.
I gave that a try. In the shop that seemed to make a difference. I want to say i had it at 1800 prior. Adjusted as you said had it stall out once rechecked and it was at 1800 again. Adjusted it back to 2200-2300 and so far it works good. We shall see in 2 weeks at his next race. If i kill it it at least restarts now with slight throttle

Back