Red Vortec clutch

They are great clutches for a clone!! We love our 2 disk Red Vortex and have had no problems at all!! Very reliable and you can rebuild them yourself! You will not be disappointed with Red Vortex Clutch!!

How should the two disc red be setup for clone heavy?

We run ours with the silver springs and set in the middle hole...We may try one hole to the right for a little higher engagement just as a test to see how it reacts but so far the center hole has been sufficient! We run clone 375

What about black springs? I use the clutch on my flathead as well.

I suppose you could but you will be changing engagement settings...We were told by Tom at SMC to use the silver and the middle hole for a clone. Everyone I know that uses this clutch around us is using silver springs and middle hole also. I would give Tom a call @ SMC He is very helpful! The is some info on this on the SMC site as well it explains why you should use the silver VS the black.

I also use the silver springs with stock fh 375 in middle hole 3800 rpm Black springs will also work but are stiffer springs and i would say you would have to put them in second hole instead of the middle

I think the bully drivers only work on the vortex black basket. The red basket is a different design all together.

Either one will work. The silver springs in the 3rd hole (middle) will engage around 3800 or the black springs in the 2nd hole will engage about 3800.

I have a new 2 disc red basket that I will sell for $27.95
I also have sprockets for the Red clutch for $20.95
I also have the OE SMC Bully style sprockets for $20.95.
Jim
Faster Motors
920-207-9180

Back