Reduce rotating mass for Box Stock Predator

calispec

I am trying to reduce the rotating mass on my box stock Predator kart. I have WMS steel axle with mini gears, light weight gear hub. carbon fiber gear guard, light weight brake hub and rotor. What other suggestions are there to make things lighter?

I know when my nephew raced kid karts I was amazed at how much an aluminum axle woke that little comer engine up!

I wouldn’t dare try it in an adult or JR kart. Worked great to get that little C51 up off the bottom tho

I think the driver rotating on the axle would add weight not subtract
The engine will not have to work as hard if the driver of the kart weighed less. Less weight equals more speed. He or she can put all top of the line parts on and gain a couple tenths lap time. But if you are say 5'9" 240lbs and drop 10 lbs of weight the kart will essentially be lighter and less weight will be on the axle.

The engine will not have to work as hard if the driver of the kart weighed less. Less weight equals more speed. He or she can put all top of the line parts on and gain a couple tenths lap time. But if you are say 5'9" 240lbs and drop 10 lbs of weight the kart will essentially be lighter and less weight will be on the axle.
i'm still trying to figure out how they drive back there and doesn't their head hit the ground? i think i would bee too dizzy going round and round with the axle

Back