reed engine package wieght?

flattop1

Dawg 89
Biland race ready is 67 lbs.
the lowly ol clone 27, assume flathead and animal are similar. What is a reed package with jackshaft , clutch and mount?
I'd assume the 450's are at 67 maybe more.

Just curious . And need more power.
The clone package at 2.0 pds per hp.
the biland at 2.39 per hp. Biland is a lot faster but adds 40 lbs to the overall. For a 15 hp gain.
a reed at 45 would be 1lb per hp or more at just 13 lbs of added weight . so 22 hp gain for 13 lbs its a no brainer.
a 125 or 250 should be good power at reasonable weight.

With the current weight config for reeds, it was 355# for the 125. The new rule will be 325#.

The stock cr125 is rated at 35HP to the rear wheel with a trans on a bike. Gut all that and get a good kart pipe, port the cylinder and put it on meth or race fuel and 45HP maybe? So at 325# I am glad to have it together and I think it will give most anything a good run on small tracks.

I would just like to remind everyone, especially you featherweight drivers, that the 2016 UAS rules are not yet finalized or published. The original ballot voting results were posted but are under review. I do not mean for this to turn into a debate over rules or administration, but just to remind you the weight formula we saw for 2-cycle reed/rotary engines is not "set in stone" yet. Unless I've missed something.

Only clarification would be if the wording remains the same or to disallow common case super kart motors. The weight / cc's should be intact and take effect Dec 1st.

I didn't intend to imply they were "set in stone." But, just giving those that might be interested in such a package something to think about.

Back