Removing brake disc

Kenneth4903

Hello all,

So my friend and I bought an old kart to fix up but we have no clue as to how to get this brake disc of.
It has a slight bend and needs replacing.

Any advice is welcome :)

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-09-06 at 14.07.06.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-09-06 at 14.07.06.jpeg
    87 KB · Views: 40
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-09-06 at 14.07.02(1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-09-06 at 14.07.02(1).jpeg
    98.9 KB · Views: 41
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-09-06 at 14.07.06.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-09-06 at 14.07.06.jpeg
    87 KB · Views: 41
Thanks, that's what I also thought. I've put some heavy duty grease on and secured the hub but it isn't giving at all. Any advice to get it loose? I bashed it with a rubber hammer but still no movement.

Flattop has great advice - I would spray penetrating oil on it and let it soak a little bit - may be some corrosion due to dissimilar metals. Then ‘persuade’ it loose.

If that doesn’t work - replace the entire unit - what size is the axle ? You may have better luck finding a used hub and rotor. Plus, finding a replacement rotor may be a little difficult for that style brake hub. Do you happen to know the brand ?

Flattop has great advice - I would spray penetrating oil on it and let it soak a little bit - may be some corrosion due to dissimilar metals. Then ‘persuade’ it loose.

If that doesn’t work - replace the entire unit - what size is the axle ? You may have better luck finding a used hub and rotor. Plus, finding a replacement rotor may be a little difficult for that style brake hub. Do you happen to know the brand ?
Axle is around 40mm, nothing about this frame is standard, has been an issue from the beginning.
I've gotten the disc off, not in 1 piece though.

I would rather replace the entire frame but that would be costly, gonna have some issues also installing the water pump and radiator since there's almost nothing to mount it to.

Back