Reroll or not

LR54

New Maxxis pink and blues was rolled 110 cc in early February with TQ inside but was never ran. Should I reroll them or not before I use them?

New Maxxis pink and blues was rolled 110 cc in early February with TQ inside but was never ran. Should I reroll them or not before I use them?

Yes I would. I would give Rodney a call and he can tell you how much he recommends to re roll.

Chris, how often do you suggest re-rolling internally prepped tires? Does it vary based on usage and prep type?

Yes it does. Depending on the internal you are using it start to harden the tires in 2 weeks or 2 months. That will depend on how often you will re roll. I like to base all my re rolls off of the current duro reading and where I want it to be. Most internals soften around 1 point per 10cc, if you have a tire that has hardened up to 60 and you want it to be 54 I would re roll 60cc.

Yes it does. Depending on the internal you are using it start to harden the tires in 2 weeks or 2 months. That will depend on how often you will re roll. I like to base all my re rolls off of the current duro reading and where I want it to be. Most internals soften around 1 point per 10cc, if you have a tire that has hardened up to 60 and you want it to be 54 I would re roll 60cc.
Could you not just wipe the outside to drop it 6 points?

Could you not just wipe the outside to drop it 6 points?

Its just more complicated than that. Most of the time to drop the duro from the outside you are going to use more aggressive chemicals than what the track will call for. Its all relative to the duro. If you are going from 60 to 54 I wouldnt recommend doing it from the outside. If its from 46-40 then the outside would work better in my opinion.

Back