Rest In Peace

mecimore

Site Supporter
It is sad to think tracks can keep running at around 30 classes at one time, get folks home at 4 or 5 in the morning and expect karters to keep coming back. Oh but they posts hotel rooms you can stay in. Thank goodness the big series are seeing this problem and fixing it. Why are local tracks not? Make a good set of classes and make people run these, so we old folks can get our kids home in bed....

30 classes:
Flat Karts
Champ Karts

3 types of 4 cycle engines

Multiple weight classes

Over 35yo

Juniors broken up into three age groups
Then again by heavy and light.
From there flat or champ
Then flathead or animal

Yeah, I know it was 30 yrs ago when I was a "rookie" but it was Rookie, Junior, then the senior classes. And home in time to wake up early the next day.

And don't even get me started on the financials of fielding a Junior in all those classes when some of their friends around the pits are entered into 4 different classes.

Last edited:
hello guys new to this site needing some info if any of yall can help..just bought 5 shaller karts fixing to build a personal track for me and kids and friends ..all the honda 9 hp motors are shot wanting to go with either 301cc or 420cc preditor ..any suggestions.. thanks

just to leave thoughts on yalls conversation we ran a track in the nineties 5 classes all stock rookie,juniors,lites,medium,heavy and it took till midnite at times..and the rookie karts were always the fastest times with .425 restricter plate..that was good ol days check out some old photos we were Davis-ville Speedway.. i have photos of Ricky Stenhouse when he was a kid winning here..thanks guys

the cost isnt that bad 350 for a 420 cc just wondering are they good motors and they have electric start..is there after market parts available yall know of?

It is sad to think tracks can keep running at around 30 classes at one time, get folks home at 4 or 5 in the morning and expect karters to keep coming back. Oh but they posts hotel rooms you can stay in. Thank goodness the big series are seeing this problem and fixing it. Why are local tracks not? Make a good set of classes and make people run these, so we old folks can get our kids home in bed....

Classes aren't created by anyone other then the racers themselves.

Everybody wants what they want. Racers want their own niche where they feel they can be competitive, and promoters would be stupid to turn away racers that want to spend money on entry fees. If I were a promoter I would be cutting my own throat by eliminating classes as long as there are at least 6-8 karts per class. The complaint that there are too many classes is a valid one, but the cat's already out of the bag, and the logistics don't make sense to go backwards now. It's already difficult enough for promoters to keep the doors open without fighting themselves financially. Racers always have the option to run only as many classes as they can afford. It's called a budget folks, check into it.

Not sure if problem is with the number of classes ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but rather with the promoter and efficiency/organization of the staff . I've ran tracks with 280 karts and 23 classes that ran better and quicker shows that tracks with 12 classes and 100 karts . Its on the track to run itself in a good timely fashion,,,,,,,,,,bar injury or bad weather .

Back