Restrictor plates

AKRA/NKA Who are the legal plate manufactures? I see some karts shops are making plates other than ARC. So are they legal? What are the guide lines for the plates? Are we allowed to move the hole some? NKA rules do not state ARC plates only so what is the rule under AKRA.

I don't race under AKRA rule or NKA but any sanctioning body that does not include a statement that prohibits the modification of a specified restrictor is not a legitimate rule set.

AKRA has approved the arc and Speedkarts plates. They are the only manufacturers that presented plates for approval. They may not be altered in any way,shape,or form. The no go may not begin to enter on any plate. The anadization ( spelling ) must be present.

You are welcome. Keep this in mind. Any plate that is used will grow under heat. I haven't figured out why some come back to spec and others do not.

Don- can we also enforce how these fragile plates are tech'd ?? seems many tech guys around here think they need to push on the no-go and/or spin it causing damage to the anodizing....

I train my people to hold the gauge in the less dominent hand and the plate in the other. Lay the plate over the gauge. If the plate will rest by itself without falling off the gauge is trying to go in. I most recently found out that another way to check it by laying the plate on a flat clean surface and gently set the gauge in the hole. If it tries to pick the plate up the plate is out of spec. It is a no go gauge. It is extremely important for the tech to know the exact size of his gauge as not all gauges are accurate. I have one gauge in my arsonal that is .0005 small. I also request my techs to purchase calibrating go's and no go's to check their calipers for measuring. If the tech doesn't have the actual gauges, he can use telescoping gauges but he is informed to set the gauge to .0005 larger than the size he is checking.

Don- can we also enforce how these fragile plates are tech'd ?? seems many tech guys around here think they need to push on the no-go and/or spin it causing damage to the anodizing....
I had this happen to us. Stuck the plate to his belly/waist and tried to force it through. I told him that if he gouges it , he will claim I been workin on it.

Back