Retracted Gap two cycle plugs!!!

I’ll have these by Friday. Ordered 5 of them and I’ll post results. If these are the real deal I’ll be so happy. So many hoarders out there on the 2414, AG403, etc. Buller sells W31/34EN’s still but they ain’t cheap. This is the last stop before buying NOS or used off eBay.

I’ve always been told to run something in the 10-11 NGK equivalent heat range on alky motors. The standard recessed gap plugs we all chase after are cold, and colder. LOL

Bumpy , my impression is its more so the ground strap overheating or melting off then being digested by the piston .
Along with the preigniton/ detonation possibilities .
I go with what im told and works .

Bumpy , my impression is its more so the ground strap overheating or melting off then being digested by the piston .
Along with the preigniton/ detonation possibilities .
I go with what im told and works .
They run normal plugs in dirt cars for yrs,they also run alky and I’ve even seen some they don’t bend it to get plug gap they stick the electrode on belt sander to widen the gap.braaap

How did the plugs work for you?

They’re exactly as advertised. Real happy with em. Get them before they decide to quit making them! 55 is the same heat range as the W31EN. 57 for the colder. 59 is too cold.

Attachments

• 2A89FB22-EA44-4D84-AB35-CDB25D896F67.jpeg
    2A89FB22-EA44-4D84-AB35-CDB25D896F67.jpeg
    59.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 9F2A75F6-6ECD-4397-BAA4-A78CAFC1C46C.jpeg
    9F2A75F6-6ECD-4397-BAA4-A78CAFC1C46C.jpeg
    58.7 KB · Views: 62
I think my biggest concern more than roasting a projected tip is that fact that it’s almost a 1/4” longer than a non projected or recessed gap plug. You’d have to run a mess of washers or a big spacer to match the indexing.

These arrived, look good .
Must be current manufactured as they have 5/8 hex size .
With the stainless metal base.

I’m thinking the same thing, they look current and not new old stock. Some of the boxes were a little worn but the plug definitely looks like it’s currently in production still.

Back