Return of the aixro

Dude you were rolling Saturday, I would have stuck around and talked to you a bit longer after the race but I was so sore after that race that I just wanted to get home and hit the bed honestly man, that was the hardest hit I've ever taken since I began racing and was one hell of a ride. Didn't help that I had a little help finding those tires it hit, but it is what it is and wasn't anything on your part that caused it, you were starting to pull away from me in 2nd anyways. My engine had worked its way loose on the mount giving my chain so much slack that it started skipping teeth on the driver and revving up at the end of the straits, allowing someone else to get around me, im not sure I even would have finished the race because of that, but i was rolling until that happened and had came up from 5th to follow you that whole race until the wreck. Ill get it fixed and on to the next one, im just surprised the little stroker Honda I was using even kept up with that Wankel of yours I'd heard so much about. You had a flame like 4ft Long coming out of your pipe half that race lol. Great run and glad you got that thing figured out, I knew it would be hard to beat once you did

Dude you were rolling Saturday, I would have stuck around and talked to you a bit longer after the race but I was so sore after that race that I just wanted to get home and hit the bed honestly man, that was the hardest hit I've ever taken since I began racing and was one hell of a ride. Didn't help that I had a little help finding those tires it hit, but it is what it is and wasn't anything on your part that caused it, you were starting to pull away from me in 2nd anyways. My engine had worked its way loose on the mount giving my chain so much slack that it started skipping teeth on the driver and revving up at the end of the straits, allowing someone else to get around me, im not sure I even would have finished the race because of that, but i was rolling until that happened and had came up from 5th to follow you that whole race until the wreck. Ill get it fixed and on to the next one, im just surprised the little stroker Honda I was using even kept up with that Wankel of yours I'd heard so much about. You had a flame like 4ft Long coming out of your pipe half that race lol. Great run and glad you got that thing figured out, I knew it would be hard to beat once you did

Yea, I watched Lisa's video of the race and that was pretty hard hit. Glad everyone was okay. We still have a lot to gain with the wankel. Turbo is next.

What size fuel pump did you end up with?
I have been looking for methanol compatible low amp draw fuel pumps and striking out.

I'm using a bosch 044 style fuel pump, running 60psi fuel pressure. I always run gas through the pump, regulator, and lines when we are done racing. Just to prevent any corrosion. Powered by a 12-cell alien motion lithium battery.

Thank you.
How much voltage drop do you get on the battery after a night of racing?

Usually not too much. Probably around a volt. I have a digital volt meter on my dash so I can keep an eye on the battery. Voltage is usually in the high 12's at the end of a race with the engine still running. With no load it's a bit higher. I run all EFI electronics, heated o2 sensor, fuel pump, and water pump on the same battery. I always charge the battery before the feature just to be safe, RWYB/UAS races always have a lot of laps.

I got an Aixro not long ago, been debating what I want to do for the fuel/induction setup, duals, one big Tilly, etc. Would love a setup like the one you've built, been watching this thread. No Turbo for me though, running on a bullring mostly and putting down the power can be the challenge.

I got an Aixro not long ago, been debating what I want to do for the fuel/induction setup, duals, one big Tilly, etc. Would love a setup like the one you've built, been watching this thread. No Turbo for me though, running on a bullring mostly and putting down the power can be the challenge.

They run well on small tracks. If heat becomes a problem, i'd consider alcohol. I tried numerous carb setups and stuck with the dual methanol tilly's for years. 334wx and 304wx. Smaller carb on the peripheral port. The engine had the same reliability as it did on gas. But now that i'm on EFI, I don't think i'll ever go back to a carb. Carbs are obsolete to me. Throttle response is insane. I'm almost worried to turbocharge it. My 3-disk bully is taking a beating after switching to EFI. Even with 6 weights it still slips the clutch at .042 air gap.

Another race in the books with the APUAS. Won the heat and finished 2nd in the feature. Tried hoosier fk's for the first time, they were a little hard for the track but had some decent speed.

The system is proving to be very consistent. Three back to back laps within .03 seconds, two of which were 11.81:

https://goo.gl/photos/rCQrzrPPHhT6DAyx5

And the turbo has arrived. However, it will be a while before it's on the kart. I have a 3 month break from karting due to work. Can't turn down NASA when they call. Will update when it's done. Also looking for someone in my area with a dyno (that can handle at least 100hp), that would be willing to let me do some tuning. Willing to pay.

https://goo.gl/photos/oVeuGxtBcm1b1FjW6

Check with Brian Carlson in Linden Indiana on the dyno Zac...pretty sure his will handle big hp opens and isnt too far from you. CarlsonMotorsports on here is his username

Nope. Can't do 100 HP...and replacing the load cell is not an option this time of year.
Thanks for thinking of us though.
When they get that big, I think you'll need to find someone with a chassis dyno or possibly a bike dyno (check with the drag bike guys.)

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
28 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Nope. Can't do 100 HP...and replacing the load cell is not an option this time of year.
Thanks for thinking of us though.
When they get that big, I think you'll need to find someone with a chassis dyno or possibly a bike dyno (check with the drag bike guys.)

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
28 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

100hp is optimistic. Honestly I have no idea what it will make with a turbo. I mostly need a dyno to get the air/fuel ratio correct throughout the rpm range. These engines rev way too fast to run them without a load. They will spin right past the rev limiter if rev'd hard on a kart stand, for example.

TS karts and parts in Bushnell Fl. has the appropriate dyno. It will accept 100+ hp with no problem.
Call and ask for Raymond.

There is a motorcycle shop in eastern Ky that has a bike dyno that may be able to do a kart engine, it is used for turbo hayabusa's and other big hp bikes so a 80-100hp kart engine should not be a problem for them. Ill look around and find the name of the shop, give me a few days.

On another note, that flame that comes out of your pipe is a good way to keep other karts off your bumper, it actually scorched my nose on the kart just slightly at the last race we ran, when i got on your bumper for one of the restarts we had, i was doing the best i could to stay close to you waiting for the opportunity to try a pass, without burning the nose on the kart or catching it on fire, so i backed off a little or pulled to the left side of you a bit when i could lol. I was keeping up until my motor mount worked its way loose and you started killing me on the starts. I cant imagine that thing once you go turbo or even get the FI dialed in better, its wicked enough as it is

There is a motorcycle shop in eastern Ky that has a bike dyno that may be able to do a kart engine, it is used for turbo hayabusa's and other big hp bikes so a 80-100hp kart engine should not be a problem for them. Ill look around and find the name of the shop, give me a few days.

On another note, that flame that comes out of your pipe is a good way to keep other karts off your bumper, it actually scorched my nose on the kart just slightly at the last race we ran, when i got on your bumper for one of the restarts we had, i was doing the best i could to stay close to you waiting for the opportunity to try a pass, without burning the nose on the kart or catching it on fire, so i backed off a little or pulled to the left side of you a bit when i could lol. I was keeping up until my motor mount worked its way loose and you started killing me on the starts. I cant imagine that thing once you go turbo or even get the FI dialed in better, its wicked enough as it is

How tall is your nose? I don't see how is scorched it. My exhaust exits about 16-18 inches above the ground, angled up and to the right of the kart.

I dont mean it burnt the heck out of it lol. Just a light black spot at the top that wiped off pretty easily with some elbow grease, only from one of the restarts when i had some help getting closer to your bumper than i wanted to be. Nothing that was your fault at all, sorry if i came across as saying that, its not what i meant at all. I have the Hi-Tech Faktor body, it does have a taller nose and sides than most other bodies out there but i havent measured exact height

I dont mean it burnt the heck out of it lol. Just a light black spot at the top that wiped off pretty easily with some elbow grease, only from one of the restarts when i had some help getting closer to your bumper than i wanted to be. Nothing that was your fault at all, sorry if i came across as saying that, its not what i meant at all. I have the Hi-Tech Faktor body, it does have a taller nose and sides than most other bodies out there but i havent measured exact height

I don't mind. I just wanted to know if it was a problem, so I could move the exhaust if I need to.

what kind of lubrication does your turbo use? grease or oil?

At the moment, nothing. Because it's still in the box. But it will be oil cooled. Oil system with consist of electric pump (or maybe jackshaft driven), small setrab radiator, and a small reservoir.

Back