rev limiter?

I was talking to a guy the other day and he said his coil wasn't cutting out at prescribed 6100. Is it possible to alter them and get more RPM?

I was talking to a guy the other day and he said his coil wasn't cutting out at prescribed 6100. Is it possible to alter them and get more RPM?
I suppose it is possible. If there is a will, there is a way.
Every 6100 coil that I have ever checked is at 6040 or 6050.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I suppose it is possible. If there is a will, there is a way.
Every 6100 coil that I have ever checked is at 6040 or 6050.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
The mycrhon 5 i'm using shows about 150 below the limiter, when i had the 4 on it was much closer to correct on the advertised limiter. It hits the limiter in heats and then feature it doesn't.
Briggs has 2 other coils you can use.

red coil - 7100 rpm
blue coil - 12,000 rpm
We are required to run this one. I was just wondering. They look sealed up pretty well seems like it would be tough to open one up without it being noticeable.

A different coil sounds in order . Don't want a DQ , over something you know is wrong .
Possible warranty issue with supplier .

How long are you on the limiter? If it's not much then a change in traction can hold the rpm down below the limiter.

How long are you on the limiter? If it's not much then a change in traction can hold the rpm down below the limiter.

Just a split second at the end of the straight. Our reasoning for why its hitting in the heat and not the feature is because how much the track slows down. It goes from 11.3-11.5 to 12.3-12.5. I am going to change gears after the heat next time, i had not been doing that the past few times. As our slick track setup gets better we may carry more momentum and not need to change gear.

A different coil sounds in order . Don't want a DQ , over something you know is wrong .
Possible warranty issue with supplier .
Our coil is functioning as it should. It was just talk with a competitor in lineup. Should probably be taken with a grain of salt, just always want to try to understand what i'm up against.

The mycrhon 5 i'm using shows about 150 below the limiter, when i had the 4 on it was much closer to correct on the advertised limiter. It hits the limiter in heats and then feature it doesn't.

We are required to run this one. I was just wondering. They look sealed up pretty well seems like it would be tough to open one up without it being noticeable.
I discovered one that came in painted green -- looked legit, except that the writing was not on it. I don't know if it was a PVL repainted, or some sort of aftermarket, but it failed tech regardless.

Our coil is functioning as it should. It was just talk with a competitor in lineup. Should probably be taken with a grain of salt, just always want to try to understand what i'm up against.
I suspect your tach could use being recalibrated.
Not saying that there couldn't be different coils out there, but every single one I have seen (from Briggs 206 program) has been 6040 or 6050.

Your competitor says they have a coil that doesn't limit the engine too 6100 rpm ?
6100 is a tech limit . Then its a tech issue .

Your competitor says they have a coil that doesn't limit the engine too 6100 rpm ?
6100 is a tech limit . Then its a tech issue .
i agree, i was surprised someone was so upfront about an illegal part. But then again it maybe one of those i tell someone something to see who it gets back to.

Back