RF Caster

Does more RF Caster increase load on the right front or does it remove load from the right front in the turn?
^^^^ this was your question and someone said it increased load on the right front. THEY WERE WRONG as I explained. now you want to talk about the typos in some other post and say i'm incorrect in some way. I'm well aware of static and dynamic weight transfer. you seem to think you can move weight through jedi mind tricks.

The reason I asked this is because of this thread by msquared. He's super smart about setup but I think he has some typos in the thread. See where he talks about RF caster. Or maybe theres no typo in here

Caster Part III

More caster split increases rotation on entry but will reduce rotation on exit. Increase RF caster.

Less caster split reduces rotation on exit but will increase rotation on exit. Increase LF caster. Provides good turn down on exit.

Increases caster on LF and RF simultaneously will add bite to the rear of the kart.

Decreasing caster in LF and RF simultaneously will add bite to front of the kart.

RF caster (along with camber) will dictate weight transfer to RF corner of chassis. More caster means more weight to RF. Helps free chassis up. Less weight gets to RR

LF caster will dictate mechanical weight transfer to RR. More LF caster means more weight to RR. Helps tighten kart up.
I believe thats a typo .
Less caster split reduces rotation on entry "not exit ".
Less caster split reduces rotation on "entry" but will increase rotation on exit. Increase LF

Thanks for pointing that out. I was referring to the second to last statement about the RF caster. Is there a typo in that message where he says more caster means more weight to the RF?

^^^^ this was your question and someone said it increased load on the right front. THEY WERE WRONG as I explained. now you want to talk about the typos in some other post and say i'm incorrect in some way. I'm well aware of static and dynamic weight transfer. you seem to think you can move weight through jedi mind tricks.
So if you went to a high grip track and were to make a caster adjustment to compensate, would you add caster or remove

I hope you're not wanting to make the adjustment before you see how the
Kart handles. You have to unload the LR to get into/thru the corner.

Increase caster effectively makes your kart longer
Decrease caster effectively makes your kart shorter

effectively >in such a manner as to achieve a desired results

Think about a kid kart on the track and decreasing caster will make your kart act more like what you seed a kid kart do on the track
Think about a lay down enduro and increasing caster will make your kart act more towards/like how you see an enduro operate on the track

maybe... just thunkin bout it so maybe not?????

Without the proper set up tools such as scales, turn plates, a digital level to place on top of the steering Pittman arm you will not really understand castor unless you change it on the kart with it on the scales and take notes at what degree you turn the wheel and the amount of weight on each corner. You will get a better understanding on what castor actually does….

I plan on running my RF in the back and using less caster, and attempting reverse caster with the higher stagger like msquared mentioned. Probably 10 left 7 right with 2" front stagger. And on indoor, or lower grip small tracks, 12 left 8 right with the standard cambers, or slightly adjusted camber numbers that I would generally use. Considering last time I tried reverse caster I had -3.75 RF camber with 7 RF caster, but it didn't work out because even with lower RF caster you still really don't need to run alot more camber cause it'll still cause the RF to go out too early due to the inside of the tire overheating

Back