Rf tire wear

Dkeefe19

Why is my RF tire wearing so bad on the inside. Tires where not over prepped, in fact they weren’t soft enough. I’m running 59LS 68cross 47 nose 1/10 mile track
I run bs 425

Why is my RF tire wearing so bad on the inside. Tires where not over prepped, in fact they weren’t soft enough. I’m running 59LS 68cross 47 nose 1/10 mile track
I run bs 425
Just from this statement im going to say its from sliding the RF therefore causing premature wear. A tire that slides wears out quicker than 1 in which is biting or "in the race track".
Now if i ignored that statement, id have to know all the numbers for consideration of the problem.

IT could be something as simple as not enough rear stagger as well.
Is the car tight (center off)? Then you would have the front wheels turned left much of the time and be building heat and wearing the inside edge harder.
Your numbers might be a bit high on left and cross for a 1/10 track, but there's more to it than just the total length of the track.
I'd look at RF camber and rear stagger as the culprit first.
Could be tires prepared incorrectly too, we just don't know. You say that the tire is wearing, but it's not soft enough. You are aware that a softer tire will wear even quicker -- that will only amplify your problem if the car is not set up correctly for the track.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

9 out of 10 times, we find a heavily worn tire wasn't getting into the track and sliding, causing the fast wear. Look at how the wear is occurring, is it rolling the rubber off? Is the tire very hot when you come off the track?

Back