Rib protection

Forever8

View attachment 14932View attachment 14933
Newbie here with a newbie question. Took the kart out today, I have an lo206 with a tillett xxl seat. I’ve been having some issue with my ribs being sore after track days, so I bought a cheap $100 rib protector. After day 1, the rib protector carbon fiber has dented and my ribs have substantial bruising. Does anyone have any experience with a better rib protector, and or seat pads? Or should I look into getting another seat? Maybe keep my seat and get low profile seat washers? I’m not sure. Any tips or advice would be appreciated!

I'd try a K1 padded rib protector. I got mine used off eBay for $35 and it was like new. I also run a Tillett XXL seat and with the K1 I fit perfect and never have rib problems. If needed, you could use double sided race tape and affix neoprene to the sides for extra padding. Use double sided race tape so if you decide to remove it, it doesn't damage the fiberglass of the seat. The 1/4 inch neoprene padding I ordered off Amazon for like $15. I used it not on the sides, but underneth for a seat pad.

I'd try a K1 padded rib protector. I got mine used off eBay for $35 and it was like new. I also run a Tillett XXL seat and with the K1 I fit perfect and never have rib problems. If needed, you could use double sided race tape and affix neoprene to the sides for extra padding. Use double sided race tape so if you decide to remove it, it doesn't damage the fiberglass of the seat. The 1/4 inch neoprene padding I ordered off Amazon for like $15. I used it not on the sides, but underneth for a seat pad.
The K1 is what I have, I will try your advice about the neoprene and double sided tape!

Back