RIP AL NUNLEY

rodv46

Sad news, I was just informed by Tab Bell that Al Alvin Nunley passed away on the 29th of June 2021. He was 82 years old and was residing at an assisted living community in Texas near his sister. The nurse who discovered him said he was in his chair leaning over the keyboard at his computer working on his karting spreadsheet.

Al was passionate about karting and always ate, talked, and slept karting, sharing the knowledge he had gained over the last 62 years with anyone who was intelligent enough the listen. He was an innovator and produced many pipes and products that helped produce National Champions.

Many will remember Al's tagline on the forums "If the data doesn't support the theory, get a new theory"

God Speed Al and rest in peace

RIP Al.
0A408ED6-D0FD-4262-A3A6-F5B12494A647.jpeg

His product line was Mayko including the “Bullet” line of pipes. This is from the 1979 Russell catalog.

god speed Al.... Many will remember Al's tagline on the forums "If the data doesn't support the theory, get a new theory" true

Certainly will miss Al..... He was controversial in his opinions. Those that disagreed with him are mostly wrong.

Last edited:
Rest in peace Al. Even though we disagreed a lot (especially on dirt oval topics) I always had respect for him. Truly sad.

Well, my heart is heavy after reading that Mr Nunley has left us. I have chatted with him over the years thru email, and he was always willing to engage in conversation. Many of us have had our "spirited" discussions with Al! Lol, But at the end of the day, I always came away with a bit more knowledge that I had before. The man was an innovator and a true ambassador to the sport, and we should all be thankful for that. I loved that he was always willing to help anyone, whether new or old, with his experience or spreadsheets. Godspeed Al, and prayers to the family.......We all lost a great a great man

Back